NASA: "Apollo 18 Is Not a Documentary"

Rockchimp69

Dec 4, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Rockchimp69 said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Rockchimp69 said:
I think the reason they're giving up that for now is massive budget cuts and debt.
Pfft...take the troops out of everywhere else in the world then.

Sorry, I find it truly bile-inducing that our dreams have to be given up because some jerks can't do their job properly. And they still have theirs.
And the retardedly rich people of the music and movie industries, don't forget them. That's good money right there that could be used for space travel.
It still terrifies me that the levels of pay go Entertainment, Defence, Law, Education, Health instead of the other way around.
Exactly, and don't get me wrong I like music and movies as much as the next guy :p but all we're doing is giving huge amounts to people with something which is just a talent.

Robomega

Jul 19, 2011
Jodah said:
You know the worst part about this? That it has to be said in the first place. What kind of society have we devolved into where people actually think there are zombies on the moon?
If anything, it's gotten better. When The War of the Worlds radio play was first broadcast in 1938, nearly two million people believed it was the real deal. Compared to that, a handful of conspiracy nuts who think there are moon zombies out there is hardly a big deal.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
Wow...really? REALLY? I mean, youtube comments on the trailer videos were bad enough, but when NASA has to release something like this it's just silly. Obviously has something to do with the conspiracy theories that the movie was influenced by, including the claims that Apollo 18 discovered alien corpses or a downed alien craft. Just silly.

Bet most of the guys working at NASA now wished they were around there in the 60s and 70s instead.

I think we need to call in Buzz Aldrin on this one:

Only would have been better if he yelled "I'M BUZZ ALDRIN *****, AND I WALKED ON THE FUCKING MOON."

Robomega said:
Jodah said:
You know the worst part about this? That it has to be said in the first place. What kind of society have we devolved into where people actually think there are zombies on the moon?
If anything, it's gotten better. When The War of the Worlds radio play was first broadcast in 1938, nearly two million people believed it was the real deal. Compared to that, a handful of conspiracy nuts who think there are moon zombies out there is hardly a big deal.
That was mostly the result of Wells' amazing performance and the fact that people tuned in late for the show. Not to mention the fact that Wells only stated it was a radio play at the very start. Imagine if you turned on your TV one night and saw a news report of aliens attacking New York which seemed completely real. You'd be freaked out too.

BrotherSurplice

ENEMY MAN
Apr 17, 2011
Ergh, I hate this. Its as if people think that because NASA has said its fake then it isn't a good film. I watched the film and loved it but I didn't believe for one second that it actually happened. Its called suspension of disbelief people.