NASA Developing Space-Bound Submarine

BBboy20

Jun 27, 2011
Please enlighten me to the joke, because it is inflammatory, unfunny, and just plane rude. Also consider that several Republicans ran on increasing NASA's budget.
Have you actually been watching DC in the last two years? Because ever since they've been voted the majority in the House, they've pretty much been spear-heading what is wrong with America. It also doesn't help that Republican held-states have been butchering woman's rights at a borderline fascist fashion.

It also doesn't help they vocalized their intent on having Obama become a one-term president back during the inauguration instead vocalizing partisanship because apparently they want to enforce the same political games after these years, even if it kills the country.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Prince Regent said:
Last year I read the book Ilium in which one of the main characters actually is a robot explorer in a submarine on Europa the moon of Neptune.
Europa orbits Jupiter, not Neptune. As I understand it, it's not even confirmed that there is liquid water under the ice, but it's far from impossible.

DVS BSTrD said:
Saviordd1 said:
Meanwhile the US Military has just bought 100 more stealth bombers.

Stay classy America.
If you want to get NASA's budget increased, just convince the Republicans that there are brown people on Mars.

And that they're gay.
I must admit to snickering.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
So I looked at the list but couldn't find a way to get more info(if there is any at the moment) about the projects, could anyone link me to an article or more detailed description for the projects "SpiderFab" and "Orbiting Rainbows".

deathninja

Dec 19, 2008
Ryans Solution said:
All I could think when I saw the title was "Red October... IN SPACE!!!"
The world could use more Space-Connery.

Saviordd1 said:

Stay classy America.
Probably more, you just can't see them...

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Ryans Solution said:
All I could think when I saw the title was "Red October... IN SPACE!!!"
See, I was thinking of the Gotengo [http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/Mog_Elffoe/Kaiju/gotengo01.jpg]...which is basically a flying submarine with a maser and a drill.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
I'm just gonna say this...

TEEN TITANS DID IT FIRST!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHVDBjOz-Us&feature=player_detailpage#t=19s

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Evil Smurf said:
Just tragic that kids today will never be astronauts
Kids don't want to be astronauts anymore. Why would you want to do something as dreary as going to space and being among the first to push the barrier of the final frontier when you can aspire to be a shallow, vapid, brain-dead TV star in the future version of Jersey Shore? And now I've depressed myself.

Saviordd1 said:

Stay classy America.
To quote the immortal Bill Hicks:

"Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace."

If only...

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
rhizhim said:
i was thinking more of Space Battleship Yamato

which isnt exactly a submarine. but the captain has an epic beard.
Damn...when did the Gorton's Fisherman head into space? That is a damn fine beard, though...

CAPTCHA: I think so

I appreciate it, Captcha...but no one wants your opinion.

BTW...I was kind of thinking of YELLOW Submarine when I saw the title of this article. Unfortunately, we're expecting little green men in space...not Blue Meanies.

Sep 14, 2009
DRTJR said:
SecondPrize said:
DRTJR said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Saviordd1 said:

Stay classy America.
If you want to get NASA's budget increased, just convince the Republicans that there are brown people on Mars.

And that they're gay.
Please enlighten me to the joke, because it is inflammatory, unfunny, and just plane rude. Also consider that several Republicans ran on increasing NASA's budget.
He's trying to say it's funny that Republicans are racist homophobes. I disagree, I just think it's sad that Republicans are racist homophobes.
Well, I think it's sad that Republicans Democrats are rude, intolerant, and moronic.
fixed it for ya ;)

OT: quite awesome, and i'm glad they are putting money towards thinking more outside the box/long term projects.

Zerstiren

Apr 4, 2012
so long as they call the space-submarine "The Phelps," I'll be very pleased.

What's that, rest of the world? It needs a name which encompasses the rest of the world? It's U.S. taxpayer dollars, so we get to call it whatever we please!

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Curiuosity is 2003 designed thing. So it took 9 years to get it to space. So we can expect those in what, 2021?

Hutzpah Chicken

Mar 13, 2012
With the idea of the V2suit in mind, I hope this will lead to gravity generators, making it easy for a captain to stand on his or her bridge confidently without floating away.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
gmaverick019 said:
DRTJR said:
SecondPrize said:
DRTJR said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Saviordd1 said:

Stay classy America.

And that they're gay.
He's trying to say it's funny that Republicans are racist homophobes. I disagree, I just think it's sad that Republicans are racist homophobes.
Well, I think it's sad that Republicans Democrats all politicians are rude, intolerant, and moronic.
Now I fixed that for both of you because it is true. ;D
OT: I'm really excited for this because it opens up much more for designers and aerospace engineers. I've always been fascinated with space and it is good to see that interest in space exploration has increased again. Hopefully they will receive more funding.