Nashville Escapee Moving To Tampa. Looking To Meet Like Minded Folk.

2HF

May 24, 2011
I'm accepting a job in Tampa starting on the 5th. I know exactly 0 people in the area.

Any fellow escapists live near there? I could use a friendly face and shared interests.

I'm a 26 year old single male just looking to not start from scratch in the social arena.

Some key facts about me.

Love video games of course, enjoy poker and 500 rummy, social drinker who doesn't mind being designated driver, not a drug user at all, like live music, sports, reading, movies.

There's more but I'm typing from a phone.

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
The title of the thread kind of makes it sound like it's about an escaped convict.

Also this
Just kidding, I'm sure you're not a psycho killer.

Slaanesh

Aug 1, 2011
Total LOLige said:
The title of the thread kind of makes it sound like it's about an escaped convict.
This.

I came in here expecting a tale of a man with nothing to lose and everything to gain escaping a prison and tell tales of his bizarre, suspenseful adventures with philosophical meanings that would vastly change my perspective on life, but it appears to be a misunderstanding on my part.

Anyways OP, if I lived down there I would be glad to meet ya, but I live in New England so that aint going to happen.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Not sure I'd call it "In the area" but I live in Brooksville, alittle less than an hour outside of Tampa.

I'm not really familiar with the Tampa area (due to me having moved to the Brooksville area not too long ago myself), so I won't be much help looking for things to do. But if you're looking for someone to hang with, I'm game.

My interests include video games (naturally), My Little Pony, Transformers, movies, anime, and pretty much everything on the nerd scale.

2HF

May 24, 2011
Thanks Lee, I'll keep you in mind. And sorry about not being an escaped con, but I hate Nashville enough that it feels like it, so that's worth something.

schrodinger

Jul 19, 2013
I'm the person to help!
As a Floridian who has been living around the Tampa Bay area for years I can answer just about questions you need.
FYI, there's a convention coming up called Metrocon that is worth checking out.

Julius Terrell

Feb 27, 2013
I live in fort myers, but our interest don't necessarily mesh. I like live music if it's classical music. Japanese anime and my sport is running. So I don't think you'd find me all that interesting unless you're really a nerd.

2HF

May 24, 2011
Not a runner, but I do enjoy the occasional anime. I'm sure you have more interests than that, as do I. I just didn't list them all.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
I don't actually live /in/ Tampa (I'm in another town about an hour away), but I went to school there at USF, so I know a little about it. If you have a Facebook account there's a group for gamers from Florida that you might want to join:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/FloridaGamers/

A lot of the members of the group are recent USF graduates, some of whom are still in the area. There's also the group for the USF videogame club, but I'm not gonna link it since it's, you know, a club for students.

Julius Terrell

Feb 27, 2013
2HF said:
Not a runner, but I do enjoy the occasional anime. I'm sure you have more interests than that, as do I. I just didn't list them all.
I'm an otaku. I love Japanese anime like most guys who love sports. I am a video gamer,reader and occasional other things. Running takes up 10-20 hours out of the week. I'm one of those hardcore runners. Hope that clears it up.