Nathan Fillion Wants You to Stop Pestering the Uncharted Director

mikev7.0

Jan 25, 2011
King Toasty said:
Hungry Donner said:
Is Nathan Fillion petting a wooden fish?
Do not question the Fillion. The Fillion does what the Fillion wants.

I think he'd be pretty good in that role. I just don't think it should be a movie.
You're right. "Guy petting wooden fish." would be tough to get people to the box office with.

Now "Guy petting wooden fish in IMAX 3-D?" Golden.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Cid SilverWing said:
Is no one else sick and tired of playing games where you're a white American gunning down people of opposite ethnicities?
*compares number of such games to number of games where you're a non-white person gunning down white people*

Nope.

Shoelip

Jul 17, 2008
pandorum said:
Pipotchi said:
Not Sam Worthington! the man cannnot act, Why has he become the go to guy when you need bland and uninteresting.

Avatar? Nobody went to see it because Worthington was in it, Clash of the Titans? The bloody Kraken manages to emote more than that man
you sir are stupid Avatar is the biggest grossing movie ever. That is a fact, it made Sam's career, only sam is trying to destroy it now
Calling someone stupid because you interpreted their sentence in the least sensible way possible... Ouch the irony.

No one went to see avatar because Worthington was in it. They went to see it because it was a blockbuster with super cool special effects!

pandorum

Mar 22, 2011
Shoelip said:
pandorum said:
Pipotchi said:
Not Sam Worthington! the man cannnot act, Why has he become the go to guy when you need bland and uninteresting.

Avatar? Nobody went to see it because Worthington was in it, Clash of the Titans? The bloody Kraken manages to emote more than that man
you sir are stupid Avatar is the biggest grossing movie ever. That is a fact, it made Sam's career, only sam is trying to destroy it now
Calling someone stupid because you interpreted their sentence in the least sensible way possible... Ouch the irony.

No one went to see avatar because Worthington was in it. They went to see it because it was a blockbuster with super cool special effects!

it was ment to be ironic dude with the use of 'you sir'. No went to see Avatar because of Sam, only because no one new who he was he did ok, they gave him a role in terminater salvation which he did ok in, they gave him a role in clash witch need emotions more than just anger and brooding he failed, hence no more blockbuster cash behind him. plus his head is to round for Nathan Drake, Drake was character moulded on Nathan Fillion hence Fillion being the optimum choic.

UberMore

Sep 7, 2008
goliath6711 said:
UberMore said:
Why not have Nathan Drake's voice, model and mo-cap actor play him?
Y'know, Nolan North. The guy that IS Nathan Drake.
Just because he does the voice and model for the game does NOT mean he is required to do anything beyond that. And that's a fact a lot of people are going to have to come to terms with. You can't make a video game movie that pleases just the fanbase and no one else. Like it or not, it is going to fail.
He just seems the better fit seeing as his IS the character.
But in my mind I don't even see why an Uncharted film is being made: spend the budget on another game, cos each game is basically a film that you get to play.

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
pandorum said:
Pipotchi said:

Perhaps I would be except the point I was making was that Nobody went to see it owing to Sam Worthington being in it not that nobody went to see it at all. The emphasis was 'on because' but I dont know how to bold words so the meaning was lost I suppose.

Dec 27, 2010
SAM WORTHINGTON!? SAM WORTHINGTON!? I'll admit I'm a fan of Uncharted, and I do support Nathan Fillion for the role, but I'm open to the idea of some else playing Drake. But Sam Worthington!? I couldn't think of a worse casting choice. That man has as much charisma as a wet towel, and Nate's charm is pretty much the only thing that stops Drake being the arrogant square-jawed gringo he's often accused of being.

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
Let me get see if I have this straight - fans should stop suggesting that Nathan Fillion would make a better Drake than other actors because the director might be incredibly childish and do the opposite of what everyone wants just to spite them?

If it's at all likely that anyone involved would act so obscenely juvenile, production is doomed anyway.

pandorum

Mar 22, 2011
Pipotchi said:
pandorum said:
Pipotchi said:

Perhaps I would be except the point I was making was that Nobody went to see it owing to Sam Worthington being in it not that nobody went to see it at all. The emphasis was 'on because' but I dont know how to bold words so the meaning was lost I suppose.

The point I was making was that no one had heard of Sam till after Avatar so the point you made was invalid but I agree Sam cannot act past anger or brooding give him a complex role and he would fail

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
pandorum said:
Pipotchi said:
pandorum said:
Pipotchi said:

The point I was making was that no one had heard of Sam till after Avatar so the point you made was invalid but I agree Sam cannot act past anger or brooding give him a complex role and he would fail
But thats the same point I was making, i.e Avatar was not successful because of Sam Worthington, if it had been some other guy it would have made just as much money (give or take)

But agreed the man cannot act, he somehow manages to fail at playing an 'everyman character' which is an accomplishment in itself

pandorum

Mar 22, 2011
Pipotchi said:
pandorum said:
Pipotchi said:
pandorum said:
Pipotchi said:

But thats the same point I was making, i.e Avatar was not successful because of Sam Worthington, if it had been some other guy it would have made just as much money (give or take)

But agreed the man cannot act, he somehow manages to fail at playing an 'everyman character' which is an accomplishment in itself
Ture ture