Nathan Fillion's Guardians of the Galaxy Cameo Revealed

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
Baresark said:
I honestly don't understand all the massive fandom for Nathan Fillion. He isn't a bad actor, and I honestly could easily see him as Starlord, to be completely honest, but I would never see a movie just because he is in it.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. He was the main character in a cult TV series from almost a decade ago, and that somehow elevated him to Nerd God status. Suddenly the Escapist tells me that his cameo is apparently some kind of gigantic improvement... Thus contradicting their hype train, since according to the news so far, GotG will be basically Second Coming and thus impossible to be improved upon, which of course is certain because while the film isn't out yet, millions have been spent on carefully-crafted promotional materials and "leaks" - things that truly make a masterpiece in this day and age.

xServer

Jul 23, 2014
RyQ_TMC said:
Baresark said:
I honestly don't understand all the massive fandom for Nathan Fillion. He isn't a bad actor, and I honestly could easily see him as Starlord, to be completely honest, but I would never see a movie just because he is in it.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. He was the main character in a cult TV series from almost a decade ago, and that somehow elevated him to Nerd God status. Suddenly the Escapist tells me that his cameo is apparently some kind of gigantic improvement... Thus contradicting their hype train, since according to the news so far, GotG will be basically Second Coming and thus impossible to be improved upon, which of course is certain because while the film isn't out yet, millions have been spent on carefully-crafted promotional materials and "leaks" - things that truly make a masterpiece in this day and age.
You're entitled to your opinion. But his Firefly, Serenity, Dr. Horrible, Buffy and Slither "cred" follows him around. It's not like he did one thing, ever, and is still worshiped for it.

He's a likeable guy (if his persona holds true) and a decent actor who isn't afraid of having fun onscreen. Lots of reasons to love him. And as a female fan, yeah, I'll go watch him if the movie looks even halfway decent. He's definitely a draw.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Johnny Novgorod said:
I saw the movie today and didn't spot Fillion at all.
I completely forgot he was supposed to be in the movie until I saw him listed in the credits as "Monstrous Inmate".
Ahh so he was the
big purple guy that thought Starlord had a purdy mouth, up until Groot had his way with him.
Completely missed it. I expected him to be the dog too or even
H.T.D.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
rbstewart7263 said:
I think fillion needs to get his ass in a real show and quit doing fucking castle if the show is in fact still airing.
Yep, going on its seventh season. It's kinda fun!