Natural 20: An Uncommon Cold

Natural_20

Jan 5, 2016
An Uncommon Cold

The group argues over loot as DM Rob slowly slides into a coma.

Watch Video

Dreph

Jun 27, 2015
There is no other way to react to a bag of tricks than "Oh... This changes everything".

Also please never stop making these.

Breywood

Jun 22, 2011
Oh, the nostalgia. I wished my gaming crew was half this funny, but I can remember similar arguments over loot. "My character NEEDS that! No! MY character needs it more! **insult* **counter insult**..."

Especially where Tyrell already has a +dex cap and claiming he needs it in spite of not even knowing how many plusses it grants. And Garren scheming with the item everyone else thinks is trash.

The humor may be niche, but I think you've outdone productions with much bigger budgets. Keep up the excellent work.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
Breywood said:
Oh, the nostalgia. I wished my gaming crew was half this funny, but I can remember similar arguments over loot. "My character NEEDS that! No! MY character needs it more! **insult* **counter insult**..."

Especially where Tyrell already has a +dex cap and claiming he needs it in spite of not even knowing how many plusses it grants. And Garren scheming with the item everyone else thinks is trash.

The humor may be niche, but I think you've outdone productions with much bigger budgets. Keep up the excellent work.
Are you unable to do hand-me-downs? Because I would give the guy the +3 Dex hat and pass the +2 to someone else. If Dex is my main stat.

Breywood

Jun 22, 2011
scw55 said:
Are you unable to do hand-me-downs? Because I would give the guy the +3 Dex hat and pass the +2 to someone else. If Dex is my main stat.
Normally, that's what would happen if people weren't being greedy. And while Garmungus and Alara aren't being any less greedy because I don't find they're offering better reasons, it's that reaction when someone immediately calls dibs before they know how many plusses it grants "because Dex." It would have looked better if they offered to negotiate, but it wouldn't have been as funny or nostalgic because I've seen this situation play out both as a DM and as a player in my years happily wasted playing D&D.

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Breywood said:
Normally, that's what would happen if people weren't being greedy. And while Garmungus and Alara aren't being any less greedy because I don't find they're offering better reasons, it's that reaction when someone immediately calls dibs before they know how many plusses it grants "because Dex." It would have looked better if they offered to negotiate, but it wouldn't have been as funny or nostalgic because I've seen this situation play out both as a DM and as a player in my years happily wasted playing D&D.
I think this has happened at least once in every campaign that has ever been run by anyone.

Natural_20

Jan 5, 2016
Dreph said:
There is no other way to react to a bag of tricks than "Oh... This changes everything".

Thanks! We've got more coming your way. Have you checked out our Patreon? Fan donated funds help us make episodes and addtional content. https://www.patreon.com/natural20?ty=h

Dreph

Jun 27, 2015
Natural_20 said:
Dreph said:

Thanks! We've got more coming your way. Have you checked out our Patreon? Fan donated funds help us make episodes and addtional content. https://www.patreon.com/natural20?ty=h
Done! Though sadly I wasn't able to pay for the Giblets name change.

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
Spider RedNight said:
My new favourite is "why do human male always think with their Dex"
I'm stealing this.
I don't care if it's blatant plagiarism.
It's mine now.

Also, I feel the pain of any gm who has ever had to run ill.
Those blank stares as you almost beg... BEG for just one of them to say "oh, it's okay, we'll play a board game".
Those words never come.