NBC's Constantine Trailer: Electroshock, Exorcism, Astra? Magic!

Willstown

Borderline Crazy Cat Man
Nov 20, 2013
I'll give it a crack, at least they are trying to do Hellblazer somewhat faithfully, rather than adapt it to a vague shadow of the source material. Being as the original Hellblazer run is very much about Thatchers 80's Britain, it would always have to change somewhat to be set in the modern day.

Not being on a pay cable channel might tame it somewhat, but considering what they are getting away with on Hannibal it seems limits are a little more flexible than they used to be.

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
BrotherRool said:
Oh wow that accent really is all over the place. He definitely goes into the Swansea Welsh every now and then (0:55) and then in other sections he seemed half Irish :)
I got the same impression from the accent with a little bit of Bristol thrown in. I really don't get why it veers Irish at times though...

Grabehn

Sep 22, 2012
For something that I didn't even care about nor know anything about the source material, it looks pretty darn good, but the clothes look a bit too much like a costume to me.

josemlopes said:
The acting looks rather shitty but I am one who liked Keanu Reeves as Constantine.
I liked it too, except for the part where I giggled every time they said Devil's son name, since it means something else in spanish.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
I am enthusiastic about this new show. Matt Ryan has the smart-ass side of John down to a T. I think I just found my replacement for Supernatural, because I have all but given up on that one.

UniversalRonin

Nov 14, 2012
Hi guys, I just realised (about a week later... bite me) that the trailer looks a bit like it could potentially be the Red Sepulchre storyline. it's one I haven't read, but the reviews on Amazon make it sound like a good entry point for the series. And it would explain potential side kickage.

On a second look at the advert and the comments in mind, I can see the accent queries, but general-misplaced-northern/west-country is good enough for me. Much better than him waking up one morning and slaying Dracula... I mean, realising that he knows Kung Fu... I mean.. Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes!

EDIT: The smoking- he had a lighter at one point in the trailer... Hope still alive for lung cancer and tri-devil-treatment?