NCAA Football 12 Retraction

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
NCAA Football 12 Retraction

After due consideration, we have pulled our NCAA 12 review.

Read Full Article

steelguy17

Aug 5, 2009
The online perks also don't add much of an advantage at all, if you can figure out what works well to get recruits to commit its not a problem. I had some of the perks from last years game which are the same thing. I didn't even look at them I felt so cheated on what I had just bought.

Mortier

Jul 19, 2009
The Cheezy One said:
Hot husky on orange guy action. I am very hot right now ;)
"Go deep!"

I wonder how many people are actually interested in buying an upgrade to the last year's game every single year. I know I'm not.

SoopaSte123

Jul 1, 2010
I was never much for college football. If I were going to buy a football game, I'd want it to have NFL teams.

...ok the mascot thing is pretty awesome.

Clowkun

Jan 21, 2011
The ending must have made all the furries laugh there ass off xD.

And maybe turn a few of them one >.>... Let's not talk about those ones xp

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
It takes a big man to admit he is wrong. You get my respect for publishing a retraction. I don't get metacritics refusal though.

Not that I ever view meta.

Paulie92

Mar 6, 2010
bjj hero said:
It takes a big man to admit he is wrong. You get my respect for publishing a retraction. I don't get metacritics refusal though.

Not that I ever view meta.
I agree, I didn't read the review and have never played or liked the games, but this 'retraction statement' for lack of a better term has already boosted my confidence in the Escapist. Nice one guys!

bunji

Nov 14, 2010
If the retraction was made because of quality concerns (which i wholeheartedly believe) then damn guys, way to raise confidence (which you allready had).

But also, now im really really curious about how the review was before it got pulled.

Actually im also damned curious what took place to make it so supposedly sub-par.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
I more curioius about what was wrong. It seemed a pretty fair review to me. This game has been rereleased since '95 i don't see any reason to pull what seemed to me to be an accurate reveiw. factual errors? may i ask what errors occured as it may effect my purchasing decision? did the distrubutors CEO just not threaten reveiwers on twitter this time so there is deniability this time?

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
If nobody's losing their jobs for this, but got scolded and sent to their bedrooms without dinner, then I'm ok with it.

MellowFellow

Feb 14, 2010
After looking on Metacritic, I am more interested in why the Escapist thinks NCAA 2011 is better than 2012, because I would definitely disagree. They improved the game a lot over 2011, at least in my opinion, as well as my friends who play the game.

Doom-Slayer

Ooooh...I has custom title.
Jul 18, 2009
rayen020 said:
I more curioius about what was wrong. It seemed a pretty fair review to me. This game has been rereleased since '95 i don't see any reason to pull what seemed to me to be an accurate reveiw. factual errors? may i ask what errors occured as it may effect my purchasing decision? did the distrubutors CEO just not threaten reveiwers on twitter this time so there is deniability this time?
Gotta go with you on this. I watched the video review and read part of the review and well....I didnt see anything wrong with it. He seemed to enjoy the game and described it well, Im guessing the part they werent happy with was in the written section which I didnt fully read.

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
Hire me and consider all your problems solved...if you can keep me from getting drunk, that is.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Mortier said:
The Cheezy One said:
"Go deep!"

I wonder how many people are actually interested in buying an upgrade to the last year's game every single year. I know I'm not.
Enough for the company to keep making them at least, so it must be a decent number. Not to mention the many stories of people getting angry when they go to trade in the year before's game for the new one and find out they'll get about fifty cents for it.

Anyways, isn't this game pretty redundant anyways thanks to the fact there's the lockout going on? Or has that reached it's conclusion? Anyways, I think it does take a pretty confident company to admit they were wrong. Good job Escapist (and no, that isn't sarcasm, in case it comes off as such).

MellowFellow

Feb 14, 2010
Kapol said:
Mortier said:
The Cheezy One said:
"Go deep!"

Enough for the company to keep making them at least, so it must be a decent number. Not to mention the many stories of people getting angry when they go to trade in the year before's game for the new one and find out they'll get about fifty cents for it.

Anyways, isn't this game pretty redundant anyways thanks to the fact there's the lockout going on? Or has that reached it's conclusion? Anyways, I think it does take a pretty confident company to admit they were wrong. Good job Escapist (and no, that isn't sarcasm, in case it comes off as such).
You're thinking of the NFL not the NCAA and the NFL is about to end the lockout and have a season like everyone thought they would because both the players and the owners make way too much money to not have a season.

While I know many times the games do not make very many improvements, NCAA 2012 is easily the best NCAA football game they have made yet.

Indignation837

Apr 11, 2010
Wow, I'm really curious to see what went so horribly wrong that you had to pull this review.

Russ Pitts said:
I hope that you will give us a chance to regain your trust.
The fact that you not only had the balls to pull the article but then also point that fact out to all of your readers and request that metacritic remove your score only gives me more trust in the Escapist. Besides, with the amount of awesome content you guys produce, it'll take a lot more than one botched review to make me stop coming here.