Need epic music, seriously.

Stalk3rchief

Sep 10, 2008
I posted something LIKE this not too long ago, but it was more angled towards music that people enjoy, mostly game music. Now, I'm craving music like
Please tell me that my friends at the Escapist can help me in this noble pursuit.

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
The Crusader thing for Medieval 2 total war

I know some more but I'll just need to dig it up

David_G

Aug 25, 2009
If you can actually understand what's going on you'll see that it's one of the most epic songs ever made.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Well, I always considered

To be one of the more epic songs I own. Also partly helped by what I associate with.

In the Damnatus - a fan made movie set in the Warhammer 40K universe, the song started when Exterminatus was ordered over a planet to destroy a single daemon. In short, they nuked the entire planet alongside that sound. It really felt epic.

But after listening to the one in the OP, I am not quite so sure. I want more of that.

Wyes

Aug 1, 2009
Go to youtube and look up 'Two Steps From Hell', they basically only make epic music.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Taking inspiration from both secular/sacred music of the Medieval period, fantasy symphonic metal is where you go for epic music! Especially Rhapsody and Luca Turilli.

This is their intro for their debut album 'Legendary Tales.'

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
You could just look at my name and guess what I am going to say but. Iron Maiden has some "epic" stuff(on a side note that word is way over used) Things like Rime of the ancient mariner, When the wild wind blows,and The longest Day. Notice they all tell a story witch is what I thought epic was suppose to mean but what do I know? (yes I am aware it has other definitions)

But yeah The Rime of the ancient mariner diffidently. But I think it is based on an Epic so....

SycoMantis91

Dec 21, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwJYxxP_EzE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKWWIGj3ak

or...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHbCE53s9hQ

SycoMantis91

Dec 21, 2011
Eddie the head said:
You could just look at my name and guess what I am going to say but. Iron Maiden has some "epic" stuff(on a side note that word is way over used) Things like Rime of the ancient mariner, When the wild wind blows,and The longest Day. Notice they all tell a story witch is what I thought epic was suppose to mean but what do I know? (yes I am aware it has other definitions)

But yeah The Rime of the ancient mariner diffidently. But I think it is based on an Epic so....
"Dance of Death" is another very fitting one. "22 Acacia Avenue" is very different from the typical "epic" theme, but musically, vocally and delivery-wise it very much fits. Phantom of the Opera, Hallowed be thy Name, The Prisoner, Revelations, To Tame A Land, Stranger in a Strange Land, The Duelists, Powerslave, The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner, i could go on.

Also, many Iced Earth songs would fit. When the Night Falls, Dante's Inferno (16 and 1/2 minutes of epic excellence), Travel in Stygian (maybe the greatest song ever), Burnt Offerings, A Question of Heaven, The Something Wicked Trilogy (Prophecy, Birth of the Wicked, The Coming Curse), Damien, The Phantom Opera Ghost, the Gettysburg trilogy, The Clouding, etc. Sorry, I'm hard for Iced Earth.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
I second looking up Two Steps From Hell, I'm currently working my way through their catalogue, and each epic song is better than the last.

Dream Chasers by Future World Music for that lighter orchestral feel:

Also the Halo soundtracks have some epic scores in them:

Jan 13, 2012
The part in ME1 where the citadel is under attack by sovereign and the geth. That music was pretty epic. Also try two steps from hell.