Need epic music, seriously.

gruggins

Apr 24, 2011
so many posts and not one concerning the epicness of myst 3's soundtrack.
dissapointing

Poomermon

Aug 26, 2011
Many have recommended Two Steps from Hell and I heartily agree. This the song I like the best:

Sakurazaki1023

Feb 15, 2010
Anything by E.S. Posthumus fits the bill. They tend to do film score productions, so bombastic music is their bread and butter. Here's a few examples:

Stalk3rchief

Sep 10, 2008
Sakurazaki1023 said:
Anything by E.S. Posthumus fits the bill. They tend to do film score productions, so bombastic music is their bread and butter. Here's a few examples:
-snip-
You've just saved me. :) Thank you. THIS, is definitely what I was looking for.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Immediate Music is great if you crave that extra dose of epic. This is my favourite from them, but there are others like it.
David_G said:
If you can actually understand what's going on you'll see that it's one of the most epic songs ever made.
I think the OP is looking for something orchestral, not rock. (And it's actually quite hard to understand what's doing on in that song.)

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
....Seeing as there is a lack of Susumu Hirasawa in a thread about epic music, allow me to rectify this with his latest piece simply titled "Aria"

Yeah, it's in Japanese (Although i think there might be a bit of Thai in there too..) but hey...it's still freaking awesome.

tendaji

Aug 15, 2008
Two Steps from Hell, Immediate Music, E.S. Posthumus are the ones you would be looking for
[youtube.com=z28lwyQjuTY]
[youtube.com=LRLdhFVzqt4]
[youtube.com=P3Su4zkLIcg]

I love this music so much, and have my Pandora channel and iTunes filled with the epic music.

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
Behold! The Sun!!!!

No, seriously, I don't think I know anthing as epic as this music.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
How about the "Dawn of War II" soundtrack?

Last I checked, the whole soundtrack was actually legally available for free download.
Epic + Free = Win. Go for it.

Drop_D-Bombshell

Doing Nothing Productive...
Apr 17, 2010

Seriously my favourite piece from Gears of War 2. Definitely set the mood of the game in that single sequence.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
There already seems to be a lot of epic music posted here already but may I suggest some of Kerry Muzzey's music? :

The second one starts out slow but has the feeling of building tension until near the end when it all explodes out.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
If you're looking for epic music, you really can't go wrong listening to just about any song from the following people:

Zack Hemsey
Mark Petrie
John Murphy
Clint Mansell
John Willians
Two Steps From Hell
Epic Score

Really, any of them will do. Just search on Youtube for anything by them and you're pretty much guaranteed to find the kind of "epic" music you're looking for.

Case in point: