Need For Speed Unbound, coming December 2nd 2022

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
The next NFS title got revealed almost a few week ago, and it's looking rather interesting. They're going for a very anime aesthetic this time around, and I'm all for it. As much as I loved NFS Heat, the character models in that game were... ugly. Very ugly. The previous games made by Ghost weren't much better either. It's giving some serious Underground vibes with the graffiti look, and while this art direction may not be for everyone, apparently the flashy effects can be turned off (says a few sources in the comments, I have yet to deep dive and verify this myself). As long as EA keeps their worst people from ruining this game and stay as hands off as they did with Heat, then I think this could be pretty fun!

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
The next NFS title got revealed almost a few week ago, and it's looking rather interesting. They're going for a very anime aesthetic this time around, and I'm all for it. As much as I loved NFS Heat, the character models in that game were... ugly. Very ugly. The previous games made by Ghost weren't much better either. It's giving some serious Underground vibes with the graffiti look, and while this art direction may not be for everyone, apparently the flashy effects can be turned off (says a few sources in the comments, I have yet to deep dive and verify this myself). As long as EA keeps their worst people from ruining this game and stay as hands off as they did with Heat, then I think this could be pretty fun!

40 second mark of second clip -
“TIME IS MONEY”

Wow EA is really putting their stamp on this one. “How much?” would be the next question. Odds are I’ll stick with Hotwheels Unleashed for me racing fix since it was *free* this month, but I don’t dislike that Criterion is putting some visual flourishes in this.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm glad to hear they're doing something a bit more different visually, but I'll stick with Cruisn' Blast for now and also that Hot Wheels game.