Need Help, capture card trouble

Randomosity

Nov 19, 2009
So a little context, a buddy and I recently got into the Youtube and Twitch game. Getting footage from PC games hasn't been an issue, but we recently bought a Hauppauge HD PVR2 GE Capture Card. We planned to use it to capture Breath of the Wild footage from our Nintendo Switch. The problem is that we can't get the Switch to show up on the TV. If we run the HDMI directly from the Switch to the TV, we get a signal, but as soon as the Capture Card enters the equation the TV gives us a black screen and says "Receiving Signal" and then says "Not Supported"

On the computer end, the Switch comes up just fine. We can see it in the capture software, but using said software to play is not an option as there is a delay. So I was wondering if anyone happened to know a thing or two and could help us out. So far searching Google has proved unhelpful, I can't get in contact with Hauppuage Tech Support, and even asking on Reddit has netted me no response. So the escapist is my last bet.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Two things. Have you tried connecting the card to a different display, and have you tried connecting something other than a Switch?Often, the fault is somewhere between those two things, with this sounding like the card is faulty or your TV isn't supporting the feed. Oh, also check that it isn't the cable.

Randomosity

Nov 19, 2009
I'll check all of that tomorrow when I have the card in front of me. Thanks for the advice.