Need help making a build guide. (LoL)

AtheistGuy

Oct 10, 2011
I made a Jax build guide on mobafire, but I'm not entirely sure how to write about it. I went with a brief summary on what it is, it's advantages, and my rationale for not putting in too much info. I can't really think of much else. A list of pros/cons would be nice, but I'm too biased to really be able to tackle that.

Anyone mind helping me out?

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/tt-jax-build-258863#chapter5

Reposted from the LoL forums.

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
That link doesn't work
I assume it's due to it being "incomplete" I've never seen a website with "league-of-le...." in it before.
Maybe supply us with a working link from mobafire not the LoL forums.

AtheistGuy

Oct 10, 2011
The thing must have bugged out when I copy/pasted it. And the link is indeed from mobafire, but the post is exactly the one I made on the forums.

EDIT: Fixed.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Well you don't have a skill order for a start. If someone wants a build they are generally going in completely blind and you need to keep that in mind. Just a heads up ^^

You aren't even going through what the skills do or anything... You might want to make it more in-depth in general.

I totally need to make a Diana build thinking about it. I am definitely good enough to teach others about the Q,R combo.

AtheistGuy

Oct 10, 2011
Explain what the skills do? That seems a tad much. But I suppose you do have a point. I don't put an order because I think it only matters how you pick them at first. After that, you're free to level them as you please.

Slip05

Oct 17, 2008
You should talk about play style, especially early game, which lane you want to go, what champs it is effective against and which ones it has trouble with. You can also include special case items that help in rare cases, such as what to buy if the enemy team is all ap

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
In LoL you never just 'pick skills as you please'. Some skills are always better to take early on than others. I've noticed this with the 10 odd champions I've tried out so far. Skill orders do matter.

And though it isn't needed to explain what each skill does exactly, it would probably be good to add a section talking about tactics, what lane, etc. What skill do you use first, second, third? When do you use them separately? Do you play defensively, offensively, or do you have to change depending on the situation? Things like that.

AtheistGuy

Oct 10, 2011
Slip05 said:
You should talk about play style, especially early game, which lane you want to go, what champs it is effective against and which ones it has trouble with. You can also include special case items that help in rare cases, such as what to buy if the enemy team is all ap
Thanks. This is really the only thread I'm getting any help in. People just instinctively tell me I suck on the LoL forums one.

sanquin said:
In LoL you never just 'pick skills as you please'. Some skills are always better to take early on than others. I've noticed this with the 10 odd champions I've tried out so far. Skill orders do matter.

And though it isn't needed to explain what each skill does exactly, it would probably be good to add a section talking about tactics, what lane, etc. What skill do you use first, second, third? When do you use them separately? Do you play defensively, offensively, or do you have to change depending on the situation? Things like that.
I'll get right on it.

AtheistGuy

Oct 10, 2011
SecretNegative said:
U sux lolz, raport ks noob, kill urself pl0x

No but seriously, it seems a bit short, and honestly, maxing E because "you get more out of the dodge" is a pretty short explanation (also it's not very good maxing E).

In short, make it longer, a lot longer, you know, someone who's never played Jax before might read this guide, and he has no idea why he should do what you do, so please, explain in great detail.
I'm actually trying to think of a better way of explaining that.