Need help on my new computer

TOO S0BER

Jan 5, 2009
Ok, I've built my dream machine and got it to post the first time (YAY!). I have 2 500GB WD Caviar Black HDDS and one OCZ 60 GB SSD on Windows 7 Home Premium. How do I format my HDDs? Other videos are dated and cant help.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
TOO S0BER said:
Ok, I've built my dream machine and got it to post the first time (YAY!). I have 2 500GB WD Caviar Black HDDS and one OCZ 60 GB SSD on Windows 7 Home Premium. How do I format my HDDs? Other videos are dated and cant help.
Are they new? You don't need to format them if new, just make sure they are recognized in BIOS and then enable them in Disk Manager. I'm not sitting front of a windows 7 machine right now, but search disk manager and you should find it. You can set up partitions and stuff there as well, and if you really need to run the format as well.

Akihiko

Raincoat Killer
Aug 21, 2008
octafish said:
TOO S0BER said:
Are they new? You don't need to format them if new, just make sure they are recognized in BIOS and then enable them in Disk Manager. I'm not sitting front of a windows 7 machine right now, but search disk manager and you should find it. You can set up partitions and stuff there as well, and if you really need to run the format as well.
To add to this, you can get to it by going onto the Windows 7 start menu, right click Computer and click Manage, and Disk Management will be on the list on the side.