Need help promoting my book!

shadowstriker86

Feb 12, 2009
So im using Inkshares on advice from a friend of mine, the book is already completed but i have to hit 750 preorders before they'll publish it. Aside from facebook, twitter, etc., anyone know how to promote something like this?

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
shadowstriker86 said:
So im using Inkshares on advice from a friend of mine, the book is already completed but i have to hit 750 preorders before they'll publish it. Aside from facebook, twitter, etc., anyone know how to promote something like this?
Maybe send some copies to reviewers to review it? They don't have to be professional reviewers (though that helps), just find someone who has an audience, so who may then buy the book on the reviewer's recommendations.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
shadowstriker86 said:
(Also, are you able to at least link to the book somewhere so that we can read it and maybe order it for ourselves? If you need advice about promoting it, that would be a start).

shadowstriker86

Feb 12, 2009
maninahat said:
shadowstriker86 said:
(Also, are you able to at least link to the book somewhere so that we can read it and maybe order it for ourselves? If you need advice about promoting it, that would be a start).
Of course! Mind you the excerpt that's currently up is a draft version, I'm still working on the final version which is going to take a long damn while, but there's 70+ days left so I have time

https://www.inkshares.com/books/ravendale

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
shadowstriker86 said:
maninahat said:
shadowstriker86 said:
Of course! Mind you the excerpt that's currently up is a draft version, I'm still working on the final version which is going to take a long damn while, but there's 70+ days left so I have time

https://www.inkshares.com/books/ravendale
To be brutally honest, I'd recommend not trying to get people to pre-order a book that's still in the draft stage. You aren't some established author with a chain of successful books whose unfinished sequel fans are willing to pre-order, you're an unknown entity and the only thing we have to go on is a draft passage to a book that isn't ready yet. I strongly recommend completely finishing it first before trying to get it published and distributed. Once you've done that, why not then try to first approach publishers and agents, before using one of these websites? If you've got something good enough to impress them, they will do the leg work of promoting your book; its their job.