Need more music.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
I'm starting to get tired of my music collection at the moment, so I need some suggestions for bands to listen to.
Crossfade
Evanesce
Fat Freddy's Drop
An indie breakcore artist called Twice Too Many
Doom OST
Monoral
Mundtot
Ergo Proxy OST
PhoenixDK
Radiohead
Shelter Red
Smash Mouth
Soul Asylum
Stellar*
HL2E2 OST
Serial Experiments Lain OST

...yeh, not much.
Let me get one thing straight, I have absolutely no care for generic music. That means Beatles, AC/DC, Metallica, Linkin Park, Green Day, that sort of stuff. I'll listen to any genre of music as long as there's something to the song or band.

Woot, collective collaboration thread.

StoneCutter

Dec 29, 2010
Just cuz it's my favorite band, I'd suggest Foo Fighters. They have a lot of really solid songs, so you will probably find at least one that you like.

Also a few months ago I was in a lul of music like you, so my friend introduced me to a new genre: Ska. Definitely not generic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4lpJkDXj7c&feature=fvst
Just an example. (that one is in a set of four)

also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCgX4ixCRcQ

In summary:
Foo Fighters
Streetlight Manifesto
Reel Big Fish

Lemme know what you think =)

Klumpfot

Dec 30, 2009
Try some Seasick Steve if you're after something bluesy, or Buckethead, if you're after anything at all. Seriously, the man has done essentially everything, from ambient to funk to thrash metal.

You could try Carcass' album "Swansong". It's rock-oriented metal.

sansamour14

Jul 16, 2010
is suggest My life for Hire and some other songs from A Day to Remember.
id also suggest some Destroy the Runner especially The Aleph
other than that i cant think of anything

Purple Shrimp

Oct 7, 2008
PoisonUnagi said:
They weren't generic in their time, but they sure are now. :/
I've always felt that it's better to appreciate art in its original context, so I don't see them as generic, but I guess that makes sense.

Layz92

May 4, 2009
That 1 Guy. Though good luck getting hard copies. This is his latest album, click on listen/download to get to his other albums. He even played in a partner ship with Buckethead for a while.

Also good live

Other than that, there is like 100 Metal bands that are good. Children of Bodom maybe, Lamb of God, Black Label Society, Opeth, Metallica, maybe Sonata Arctica, Iced Earth, Motorhead, Clutch (they are quite an great band) etc etc.

Edit: Completely forgot the classics. Cream, Hendrix, Bob Dylan, The Kinks, The Doors, The Who, The Ramones etc etc.

VladimirSirin

Jul 8, 2010
I've been listening to a lot of internet radio. iTunes has a listing of stations by genre. I've been listening to Fuzz and discovered a lot of metal that I would have otherwise not known about. (God Forbid, for example, are awesomesauce.)

You could also go to any retail store and pick up compilation CDs from the 5$ bin.

Also, The Beatles are not generic music. Go buy The White Album right now. I'm serious.

EDIT

Helpful links:

http://www.stereomood.com/ - there is a lot of hipstery crap there, but you'd be surprised at what you will find.

http://radioio.com/ - They have some good stations. Like Fuzz, as mentioned previously.

PleaseDele

Oct 30, 2010
Blue Stahli just released a new album. Electro rock sort of stuff. Celldweller is good too if you like this stuff.
The Bioshock OST for if you're feeling retro is good too.
Some Jean Michel Jarre for if you like some spacy synthwork.

I don't really know what else sinc eyou say you feel nothing more genric music. WHich IMO will actually ensure you'll miss some awesome tunes. But I'm not here to judge. I'm just frustrated I dont know what else to forward you too.

Triangulon

Nov 20, 2009
The Beatles are not generic. They are still superior to the bands that have apparently made them so.

If you say you will try anything you really must try:

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
Beautiful Creatures

Trivium

Avenged Sevenfold

Three Days Grace

Sonata Artica

Normally, I would had put out music videos for each and one for samples, but really now... I've done it in 10 other threads, and It's just getting repetitive for me. Just sorry.

Check them out though. You'll like AT LEAST ONE of them.