Need some solid browser games

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
I work 8 hours a day. And by work I mean, I sit at my desk or 8 hours a day. I work maybe 1. Maybe. I'm given free reign to do whatever I want while at work but it's hard to really get into bigger games since I'd need my headphones and possibly miss my actual work when it pops up.

Suggestions?

AugustFall

May 5, 2009
Dungeon Overlord on Facebook is really good. It's like farmville if you could raid other people's farms.

Also pokemon tcg online is well made.

Johnnydillinger

Aug 16, 2011
Right off the bat I suggest you look up the original Meat Boy on Newsgrounds, it also has a separate "expansion pack" if you got into it. One other that I can suggest is Every Day The Same Dream which is always brought up in discussions about games being art, and it fits there nonetheless. One problem: it can be finished in 4 minutes if you really have no idea how to do it.

Other than that I think you are in dire need of a Minecraft account. That was designed to be used in a browser and fits your situation the best, so go for it.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
I DO have a minecraft account. Christ, I can't believe I forgot it's can run in the browser. I've always just used the launcher.

Great ideas people. Keep em coming!

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
UncleUlty said:
possibly improving your vocabulary.
While I've since reread your post and realize what you were getting at since I played that game a million years ago when it came out, I initially thought you were making a dig at my vocabulary. That would be the first time in a decade or more that someone did something like that.

Just throwing this out here.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Hiphophippo said:
UncleUlty said:
While I've since reread your post and realize what you were getting at since I played that game a million years ago when it came out, I initially thought you were making a dig at my vocabulary. That would be the first time in a decade or more that someone did something like that.

I kinda realize that and I meant no offense to your vocabulary.I'm more going for it's taught me a few new words over the years and has quite a bit of clever wordplay.Again no offense intended.

Section Crow

Infamous Scribbler for Life
Aug 26, 2009
http://ninjakiwi.com/Games/Action/Play/SAS-Zombie-Assault-2.html

it's a great time killer, give it a go

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
UncleUlty said:
Hiphophippo said:
UncleUlty said:

I kinda realize that and I meant no offense to your vocabulary.I'm more going for it's taught me a few new words over the years and has quite a bit of clever wordplay.Again no offense intended.
Absolutely none taken. Like I said, in my shock I reread your post and gathered your meaning. Appreciate the posts in this thread man. If you think of any more keep em coming.

GrimHeaper

Jun 1, 2010
Supermario crossover.
http://www.explodingrabbit.com/games/super-mario-bros-crossover

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Hiphophippo said:
I work 8 hours a day. And by work I mean, I sit at my desk or 8 hours a day. I work maybe 1. Maybe. I'm given free reign to do whatever I want while at work...
I want your job...

You could try Runescape, it's a fun MMO that runs right in the browser. Although I haven't played the game in many years, I remember the community being strong, despite the game being over 10 years old now. Give it a try, you may just like it.

Caduceus55

Sep 3, 2011
Trentonmade is a fun Mafia style browser game. Run a family, keep to yourself or attack other players. Do quests and missions and build up your bank.

I've been off and on this game for about 3 years.

http://www.trentonmade.com/register.php?REF=12437

Mar 29, 2008
popmundo.com

This game is a blast there's no energy to micromanage, you make a character and start picking up skills/job in order to become a musician. You get to pick your genre, instruments, write songs (you can actually write lyrics for them but not necessary), book shows/tours, run companies, etc. The game is huge, you can do all manner of things, and every company/store/studio/city is player managed. At first there won't be much to do, but if you get into it I know people who play for hours every day negotiating business deals, socializing, etc.

efeat

Sep 22, 2010
Electric box 1 & 2. If you like slow paced, rube goldberg-esque puzzle games, these are for you.

http://www.candystand.com/play/electric-box
http://www.candystand.com/play/electric-box-2