Needing a New Headset

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
My trusty old Turtle Beach X12s have started the fail me recently, so it looks like I need a new headset for PC Gaming and whatnot.

A few that I've looked into so far are is the Roccat Kave, the Corsair Vengeance 1500 and the Plantronics Gamecom 780.

I'm looking for a headset with over-the-ear cups, a mic (naturally) and good sound quality (with some decent bass). I should also mention that my rig is lacking a dedicated sound card.

I was hoping a few friendly people from the community would be able to advise me on a good headset for under 100 bucks (may be willing to push it slightly over 100 if it's exceptionally good quality).

SnowyGamester

Tech Head
Oct 18, 2009
I've got a Logitech Clearchat PC Wireless headset and it's by far the best thing I've had the pleasure of putting on my head (better bass than my subwoofer, though admittedly my subwoofer is fairly unimpressive), however they have weird little mini cans rather than a full over the ear setup, plus I know a lot of people are irked by wireless things (but at least it's digital audio transmission, c'mon guys, seriously). Probably not what you're looking for, but it's a brand recommendation at the very least, though the closest full over the ear sets appear to be between $135 to $150 for wired and wireless respectively, and since I'm stingy I went for these for about $75. When they eventually conk out or I want something better I'll probably replace them with their big 7.1 surround cousin.