needing help with my reveiws and lets plays

mr leigh

Aug 16, 2010
So there i an looking at my massive horde of games and thinking why dont i do playthroughs and reveiws. So my laptop has a mic and cam but recording the tv causes a terrible glare. So is there anyway to transfer the gameplay straight from the wii/tv to your laptop? I also want to include my voice so if anyone can help i will be foever in your debt. Thanks in advance.

conzan

Apr 16, 2010
right here we go...DO NOT RECORD YOUR TV WITH A VIDEO CAMERA it look like arse and no one will watch it, what you need is a capture card (I use a dazzle) and maybe some splitters depending on how old your TV is, i wont go in to everything thing you need to do with these things as you can find that online and they will help more then me, right so including your voice you say you have a mic for you PC well why don't you while recording also set up some recording software (audacity is free) and record your voice while playing and then put the two together when editing the video latter on.

hope this helped if you have any issues or are confused in anyway just let me know.

webby

Sep 13, 2010
conzan said:
hope this helped if you have any issues or are confused in anyway just let me know.
Sorry for quoting you, I just figured you may be able to help me.

Instead of starting a new thread for something that may help the OP I will just post here.

I recently got Virtualdub to enable myself to record my desktop. I'm aware I will need a capture card but that's a different matter which is easily solvable myself.

Basically I can get virtualdub to show a preview which is just jim dandy, however, when I hit record the programme seems to crash. It continues giving stats but the only way to stop recording is using the task manager which leaves me with an avi file that is completely unusable. Also the files are huge but I assume this is because I am recording it lossless.

Is this an issue with my cpu, do I have virtualdub set up wrong, or is this something else my imcompetence doesn't let me notice?

System spec:
Windows Vista
Pentium Dual Core E6500 @ 2.93GHz (rated at 4.3GHz)
4GB of RAM
ATI Radeon HD 2400 Series (256MB I believe, it needs updating when I get some cash)
ATI High Definition Audio Device

I know it's not the best rig but it's normally more than adequate for most tasks. Can it not survive due to my weak ass graphics card? Can it not process the immense file sizes it's being hit with? Am I just dreaming thinking I can pull this off?

mr leigh

Aug 16, 2010
Thank you conzan looks like im off to amazon to buy dazzle then. How much do they usually cost due to my current lack of a job im not flushed with cash.

webby

Sep 13, 2010
mr leigh said:
Thank you conzan looks like im off to amazon to buy dazzle then. How much do they usually cost due to my current lack of a job im not flushed with cash.
There are a variety of gamebridges and capture cards available ranging from the very cheap with things like easyCAP to the very expensive HD capture devices like Happauge
http://www.amazon.com/EasyCAP-Audio-Capture-Surveillance-Dongle/dp/B000Z4AQFU/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1308851111&sr=1-3
http://www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-1212-Definition-Personal-Recorder/dp/B0018LX0DY/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1308851111&sr=1-2

The hardware recommended to me was this beauty from AverMedia
http://www.amazon.com/AVerMedia-MEZUSBGDR-DVD-EZMaker-Gold/dp/B000J5GZDC/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1308851167&sr=1-1

Sorry for the links being a mess, not sure of the coding to tidy it up if I'm honest.