Net Brutality

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
I live in Southern Alberta and my 2 choices are Telus or Shaw. I'm currently bending over for Shaw.
Ditto. Though Telus just installed a fiber line direct to my door. I might ride their dick for a while.

Requia

Apr 4, 2013
iniudan said:
JenSeven said:
Well DSL can have 200Mbps if they have the latest equipment, actually next year 1 Gbps should start to be available, of course that dependent on company actually upgrading their equipment
the equipment here is the same stuff they put in in the 90s...

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Where I live we have the choice between 3 operators. One is really bad and the other 2 are even worse. Might as well not have a choice.

Haru17

Mar 1, 2014
This is why many of the justifications for laissez faire capitalism are bullshit; because perfect, or even reasonably, competition is scarce with so many monopoly-sized corps running amok.

wAriot

Jan 18, 2013
This is one of the few ways I consider myself privileged. Here in Spain we have several national phone/internet companies, and then a few local ones, which in my opinion are the best. I personally have 100Mbps for about 20-25 euros a month, which I think is perfectly reasonable. Customer service is also great and the connection is pretty stable.

Hutzpah Chicken said:
It's going to hurt when I leave college and have to pay for my own internet.
If you live with roommates, it'll actually be pretty cheap. When I did, we had 200Mbps for 50 euros, and divided between three people it was ~16 euros per person.