NetherRealm Reveals First DLC Fighter For Injustice

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
Tiger8gamer said:
Freakazoid gritty reboot.

By all that is Warner bros...

PLEASE give us him.
YEP, this one, HAS to be Freakazoid! As unlikely as that may be :p Just throw him in with all his crazy powers/cartoon shape shifting.

Mister Six

Aug 16, 2010
I don't know how to feel about this, as I love me some Lobo, but I am against the idea of DLC Fighters.

kburns10

You Gots to Chill
Sep 10, 2012
Earnest Cavalli said:
Nimzabaat said:
Okay the finished version must be a lot better than the demo, because the demo was completely underwhelming. It's cool to pit the DC characters against each other but that's way too much praise for what I saw on screen.
The final game is very much an improvement over the demo.
Phew. That's good to know. Demo was fine, but it didn't make me want to run out and shell $60 on the game.

Winnosh

Sep 23, 2010
Kopikatsu said:
shintakie10 said:
I just want an alternate version of Raven that isn't stupid.

Also Beast Boy.

Really, more Titans in general. This game needs tons more Titans. Where's my Starfire? Where's my Donna Troy? Where's Beasy Boy? Where's Arsenal?

You all can't tell me the super attack things from people like Starfire, Beast Boy, and Arsenal wouldn't be completely badass.
Are you talking about TV series or comic book Titans? Because if you mean the TV series, then I think you're in for a rude awakening about the 'real' characters. Particularly Starfire.
Yeah Raven is very similar to her comic book version. As to the Evil side. well Raven is someone who's been evil almost as often as she's been good. She's been a major villan for the Titans on more than one occasion.

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
kburns10 said:
Earnest Cavalli said:
Phew. That's good to know. Demo was fine, but it didn't make me want to run out and shell $60 on the game.
I agree, but the final, retail version is pretty drastically different.

For starters it has many, many more characters, and the demo really only gives you a small glimpse at how the basic arcade battle mode plays out. It's completely lacking the game's story mode, the 240 STAR Labs missions, online multiplayer and all of the extra costumes/customization options. It even lacks certain moves for the three characters present there.

I'm not entirely sure on what build the demo is, but I do know that the version they were showing off at PAX East was newer than the PS3 demo, at least.

kburns10

You Gots to Chill
Sep 10, 2012
Earnest Cavalli said:
kburns10 said:
Earnest Cavalli said:

For starters it has many, many more characters, and the demo really only gives you a small glimpse at how the basic arcade battle mode plays out. It's completely lacking the game's story mode, the 240 STAR Labs missions, online multiplayer and all of the extra costumes/customization options. It even lacks certain moves for the three characters present there.

I'm not entirely sure on what build the demo is, but I do know that the version they were showing off at PAX East was newer than the PS3 demo, at least.
How's the fighting? Does it feel pretty fluent in the final product as well?

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I would like to see Darkseid be a DLC character. I would love to pit Darkseid and Doomsday against each other.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
Kopikatsu said:
shintakie10 said:
I just want an alternate version of Raven that isn't stupid.

Also Beast Boy.

Really, more Titans in general. This game needs tons more Titans. Where's my Starfire? Where's my Donna Troy? Where's Beasy Boy? Where's Arsenal?

You all can't tell me the super attack things from people like Starfire, Beast Boy, and Arsenal wouldn't be completely badass.
Are you talking about TV series or comic book Titans? Because if you mean the TV series, then I think you're in for a rude awakening about the 'real' characters. Particularly Starfire.
Either or. I'd prefer comic version myself, since while I still think the Teen Titans cartoons was one of the best superhero cartoons out there (you heard me! The last season was brilliant), it'd probably be difficult to translate those into the less lighthearted tone of the Injustice universe.

Then again, now that I think about it if they were in Injustice Gods Among us, they'd be there terrible terrible new 52 versions. So Beast Boy wouldn't be green and Starfire would be...well...whatever the fuck it is she is now.

And now for a mild random tangent because I'm talkin about it. Fuck DC for what they did to the Teen Titans. For bein the most popular superhero team on the roster they got the shaft hardcore, except for Nightwing and Cyborg.

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
kburns10 said:
Earnest Cavalli said:
kburns10 said:
Earnest Cavalli said:

How's the fighting? Does it feel pretty fluent in the final product as well?
My review goes live in the next few hours. Stay tuned.

EDIT: As promised, my Injustice review: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/10295-Injustice-Gods-Among-Us-Review-Fights-In-Tights