Never forget your first...

Psychedelic Spartan

Sep 15, 2011
super smash bros melee on the gamecube at age 3! (I might have played something before then, but it's not likely and I don't remember it)

Zero47

Oct 27, 2009
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. I never stopped playing this game in the car on the road to Italy. Eventually beat it without dying, I will forever be proud.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
All I know is that it was a very old arcade game.Possibly Pac-man,Space Invaders,Asteroids or Donkey Kong

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
DOOM. While I was still very much a child my mother would play it to blow off steam from work, and sometimes she'd let me play it.

Seagoon

Feb 14, 2010
jedi88 said:
Ha! You've fallen into my trap! What was the first videogame you ever played? THE first now! Do you wish it was something else? I am proud to say my first game was the original Super Mario Bros. on the NES. However, I am a bit ashamed to say it was the one that came in the same cartridge as Duck Hunt. I am a bit of a purist. Anyway, your turn Escapists! What was the first game you ever played? After all, you never forget your first.
I remember that Glorious day... Fresh with youth, I received my Gameboy Advance and with it came the first and most memorable game I have ever played... The Adventures of Spyro: Attack of the Rhynocs. The world was so immersive and unlike any toy I had ever played with before.. I fell in love with it then and this is why I spit on the new Spyro games like the Skylanders series or Legend of Spyro!

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
The original Rainbow Six at 5 years old.

My dad did the planning and tactical bits, well, pretty much all of it - but he'd let me have a go at moving him around a bit while he aimed.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
jedi88 said:
However, I am a bit ashamed to say it was the one that came in the same cartridge as Duck Hunt. I am a bit of a purist.
You think that's bad? My first game was a 32-in-1 cartridge for the Nintendo Game Boy. That's the 'cheap, infected prostitute your friends bought you as a joke' of game virginities.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
The first game that was mine was Pokemon Sapphire but I think I used to play games my dad before that.
GBA with Pokemon sapphire is still probably my favorite birthday present.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
lol thread necro

I don't know for absolute sure what my first game was. If I had to guess about it it would probably either be Super Mario World (on the Gameboy Advance yeah I'm not cool enough to have owned a SNES) or Goldeneye on the N64.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
The first I owned were Micro Machines, Street Fighter 2 and Alien 3 for the SNES.

I think I played the original Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit before that, split screen, with a joystick.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
I'd have to say Sonic the Hedgehog on the Sega Genesis.

And now I have a desire to listen to the bgm of Ice Cap. Which will probably be drowned out by my current obsession with Final Fantasy

Brendan Stepladder

May 21, 2012
Donkey Kong 64. I don't have much else to say about it. I played it a few months ago and it shattered all of my nostalgia.

The camera angle... Oh, God.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
The first I played was the city level on one of the sonic games on genesis. The first I owned and played in any meaningful way was Star Fox 64.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
It was Super Mario Brothers/Duck Hunt. That lightgun was a motion control pioneer yo!

If anything I would prefer it to have been a game I actually liked or was very good at, or less common. It was also the first game I had ever SEEN. I was like 5.

My 2nd and 3rd games were Zelda 1 and Final Fantasy 1 though.

I used to think the secret was at the eastern "penicillin" lol

I hadn't started school yet, so yeah.