Never Heard That Before

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
SweetShark said:
Kaleion said:
Actually most of them do watch anime, I've heard them talk.

While I do know of these people because I know some of them I don't think this person was like that, he seemed to genuinely think I was his friend even though I told him I thought he was a stupid asshole 99% of the time, he always laughed like if I was telling a joke, to be fair I don't ever smile and when I make jokes they are very sarcastic and since I'm rather monotone there is some room for confusion but I thought I was quite clear that I didn't like him, but he just acted like I was playing, it's still annoying.

Oh that reminds me, my brother used to introduce me to people by saying "He's like a robot so you can insult him all you want because he doesn't have any feelings" and "Don't talk to him he never has anything interesting to say", neither of which I thought was funny and actually the second one really hurt because he interrupted conversations to say that to people and it normally ended there... That's kind off on topic I guess.
So in other words not only he made fun of your scar, but also interrupted you most of the times from other conversations to say the specific joke to you?
Well, I can see this only as a d*ck move by him.
But I digress, I made plenty of d*ck moves myself....it is only human. At least most of them are funny I guess.

Anyway, I will confess that I am in the second category your brother describe.
The reason of course most of the people I meet don't share the same interest like me. It is so rare to find someone that make me talk a lot and enjoy a conversation. Because I know they will get bored very easily or of course they will call me a nerd,weirdo or worst, an asshole behind my back. It happened to me and it hurts like hell [mentally I mean].
It doesn't help also I am from Greece....Some things aren't so "acceptable" like in other countries.

Well, sh*t. I am off-topic myself, but I will leave it like this just for the heck of it.
He didn't make fun of my scar, he mostly made fun of the fact that I looked like a girl and was so short that I had to look up to talk to him even though I'm a year and a half older, in any case that only hurt because I was kinda like you I guess, had weird hobbies and interests so I rarely ever talk to anyone so yeah every time he'd say that it would hurt, it was more annoying because some pople told him that he shouldn't be that mean to his little brother or worse sister which was fairly awkward, have you ever pretended to be a girl just to avoid the awkward situation of explaing that you aren't? It was just really hard to explain because there was a picture that looked a lot like me wearing a dress in the living room, it was actually my mother, but I did have a fairly girly haircut and I always wore a ridiculously oversized hoodie which apparently was a girl thing and I was unaware of that, plus my mother would refer to me as a girl just to add to the confusion and make things even harder, I never thought that was funny either...

Huh... I guess my life is pretty fucking weird and actually anime-ish.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I volunteer at a charity shop, and do a lot of till work. We sometimes get in as donations (either from people or shops/companies as excess stock) stuff that is pretty darn expensive, and generally we'll charge about a third to two thirds of their actual value, such as when we got a bunch of Ted Baker designer gear direct from the company themselves.

So get rather tired of getting earfuls from customers who thing we're being greedy charging £80 for a £250 jacket, and think we should be selling it to them for £2.

'I thought this was a charity shop!' they complain. 'yes, you're not the charity,' I want to reply.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
When I was younger, I was very slim, and 6ft 4in tall. And I would get the following all the time. "Wow, you're really tall, do you play basketball?"

It got so often and annoying that I had a t-shirt airbrushed stating "NO! I do NOT play basketball!"

I also used to wear fingernail polish, mostly because I found it interesting how other people would react to me wearing it. And since this was in the late 90s, early 2000's, everyone would see my nail polish and be like "You must be a Marilyn Manson fan huh?" To which I would roll my eyes and state "No, actually I don't really like his music at all, I just like Electric Blue and felt like putting it on."

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
When I used to work at Home Hardware as a cashier, whenever something failed to scan some customers, thinking they're being clever would say "oh I guess it's free." Ha ha, that's hilarious. ...or at least it was the first 30 times I've heard it.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
When it comes to videogames, my dad's the archaic stereotypical nightmare.
"Awh yeah, 'nintendos' hahaha".
No hes doesn't mean the console.
He heard "Flipendo" from the computer when I was playing the first Harry Potter game.
He's done it roughly 500 times throughout my life.
It's the cringiest fucking thing in the universe.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Every day at work I hear or, say the following things to my ever growing annoyance and disgust (yes, with myself);

"Is it time to go yet?" (said moments after clocking in and seeing a co-worker)
"I need a change of scenery" (said as I'm going to break)
"Another day in paradise" (said by the jerks in charge and parroted back by the sarcastic co-workers who I don't directly work with)

It's all a bunch of little things but they get annoying anyhow. It would be worse but all of the annoying things are interspersed with great conversations about how coworker A is useless, coworker B is an idiot and, coworker C is a dick-less turd.

Ambitiousmould

Why does it say I'm premium now?
Apr 22, 2012
"Who's winning?"

Every fucking time a male relative (Dad, Uncle, Granddad, Dad's Cousin, whatever) sees me (or me and someone else) playing a video game they say this. Every. Time. I got tired of explained that not every game is competitive, or that it's single player, or that it's co-op years ago, so now I just go, "me".

Credit where it's due, though, I let my Dad have a bash at playing Forza 4 and now he doesn't. Now he always says "Have you beaten my Top Gear lap time in Forza yet?"

"NO! NO I FUCKING HAVEN'T! WHY?! YOU ARE SHIT AT GAMES! WHY CAN I NOT DO THIS!"

It irritates me a bit.

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
SweetShark said:
Well, because I don't want to say my job, It will get confusing:

The annoying thing a specific thing call me all the time is "Doctor"......very annoying.

However, another person I really like, he call me "Buther". I like this joke.

Yeah, I know, is confusing as f*ck.
I think it's quite clear that you are a serial killer; no big deal :D

OT: Not quite a joke, but as a medical supplies distributor which happens to deal with oxygen, people constantly ask if I'm afraid that the tanks are gonna explode. >_<* Thanks, people. I really need that imagery for the rest of my delivery route.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Tanis said:
Have a friend named Hannah.
-Few years back.
-Worked in the girls clothing section at Wal-Mart.
-EVERY DAMN DAY, hell every damn HOUR, 'O, hi Hannah Montana' or 'like Montana' or...etc/etc/etc.
-Got so bad she started using her last name, which is hard to pronounce, just to stop it.

For me?
Worked in veggies/flowers/fruits, at a store near a college, so...yeah
-'How about THEM apples'.
-*insert Asian making remark about banana and this 'thang'*
-Drunk girls getting a melon and asking about what I thought about their 'melons'.
-The ENDLESS remarks about ANYTHING that looked like genital.
-Drunks + things can MIGHT fit up one of their holes.
-Flowers = vah-jay-jay...lol?!?!?!?!?!?
-People asking about my sex life via 'have you ever used *this* on/in yourself'.
-etc/etc/etc

You have NO idea how glad I am not to work there.
People are assholes.
Where the hell were you selling groceries? The internet?

OT: the one type of trite joke I hear most often is probably someone saying the phrase "It's-a me, Mario!" with the purposefully fake italian accent (y'know, Super Mario's) whenever I mention I'm Italian.

ShadowGandalf01

Oct 3, 2011
I work in a cinema. I check tickets and tear off the bit I need to keep. I get sick of hearing "You're gonna rip it? I just bought that" or "I just paid £x.xx for that and now you're gonna tear it in half" or some variation. Whenever anyone makes a comment like that, I just smile, direct them to the correct screen, but then when they're gone, roll my eyes. After 6 and a half years, I've heard that one too many times to count.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Lucem712 said:
SweetShark said:
Well, because I don't want to say my job, It will get confusing:

The annoying thing a specific thing call me all the time is "Doctor"......very annoying.

However, another person I really like, he call me "Buther". I like this joke.

Yeah, I know, is confusing as f*ck.
I think it's quite clear that you are a serial killer; no big deal :D

OT: Not quite a joke, but as a medical supplies distributor which happens to deal with oxygen, people constantly ask if I'm afraid that the tanks are gonna explode. >_<* Thanks, people. I really need that imagery for the rest of my delivery route.
Actually is quit funny about the Butcher joke.
Every time this specific customer come to our workplace say to me
"Butcher! Put me 5 kilos of your good bloody meat will yeah? Make sure it full of blood to eat them after midnight!!!"
XD
I don't know, but I never get annoyed with this joke, it is so funny! He always put a variation to his jokes.

However, the other person who call me Doctor all the time, get to my nerves. He just call me a doctor, nothing else to say to make it more funnier. He think just call me just that, make him the funny guy.......f&ck!

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
inu-kun said:
[im age]htt ps://encrypted-tbn3.gs tatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQaKVKaOaTY5ixOWQfcVdczUnhp74Qx-0lFoWORI8cYRJC2VFwBTupCqNp[/IMG]
You might think this is funny, but I heard this a million times!

If you remember this, you are awesome.
Sorry, but I didn't get it. Can you explain?

DANEgerous

Jan 4, 2012
For being a furry "Do you think you are or have sex with (anything not human)?: No and i think those that do are very odd.
On gaming with any female: (Stupid overtly sexual comment): Let him die, better yet let kill him, he will be mad it will be funny.
Playing any MMO: My cat/baby is on fire: No one believes you jackhole
As a cook: OH MY GOD FIRE!: Things that do not put out a fire 1) yelling at it, put it out jackhole.
As a bartender: (person is an asshole about to become violent): do you know what pepper spray feels like? This! bad right?

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
This one is a bit odd, so bear with me.

My last name sounds kinda like the last part the last part of the Unrelenting Force shout from Skyrim (Fus Ro Dah) so my friends in High School took to calling me [first name] Fus Ro[second part of last name]. I liked it at first, however after a while, way too many people got in on the joke and started to say it to me all the time, thinking they were so clever. It got so incredibly annoying when people would say the same thing over and over again. Just stop... please.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Whenever ANYONE is around me and my girlfriend, who has been a proficient fighting game player prior to meeting her, when we play competative games... the shit I hear man.
When I win: "Woah dude, go easy on her!" News flash: She's actually having fun. That's what video games are for. The sky is blue.
When I lose: "Hahaha you got beat by a girl!" First off, she's a woman. Second, that's what happens when you're good. Third, f**k you.
And probably the worst one: "You're pretty lucky, how did you get your girlfriend into playing video games?!" [screams internally] [girlfriend probably screaming internally too]

Aaaand the job I had in adjudicating for a summer internship wasn't met with the grueling misfortune of dealing with customers... but even co-workers can still really get on your nerves.
The "joke" every. single. day. was "Why are you so quiet during work everyday?"

I...I can't even... you know what, no. Keep talking to me, cause when the boss walks by and sees you talking, then you'll understand why i'm quiet during work everyday.