Never Miss a Movie Moment With RunPee.com

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Rednog said:
Protip: Some people actually have physiological problems that make them go to the bathroom more than others.
Do I really need to state "with exceptions if you have a medical condition"? I thought that would be IMPLIED. Besides, wouldn't these people have prepared themselves somehow for such a situation, knowing their condition?

Even in that case, you'd have to whip out the device, boot up the app, and pray that you had an appropriate time to dash on your hands.

All in all, I consider it to be impractical. Amusing, yes: but impractical.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
scotth266 said:
Rednog said:
Protip: Some people actually have physiological problems that make them go to the bathroom more than others.
Do I really need to state "with exceptions if you have a medical condition"? I thought that would be IMPLIED. Besides, wouldn't these people have prepared themselves somehow for such a situation, knowing their condition?

Even in that case, you'd have to whip out the device, boot up the app, and pray that you had an appropriate time to dash on your hands.

All in all, I consider it to be impractical. Amusing, yes: but impractical.
You could always check it before hand. I personally have to go every hour or so, the only way I've figured to cope with it so far is to just watch the 3 or so minutes I missed by finding a flash version and just skip to that part.
You'd be surprised how hard it is to plan around it, hell I've tried drinking nothing the night before a movie and the body still manages to find something to dump.

Rational-Delirium

Feb 24, 2009
And here I thought I'd finally get to see my first-ever spam bot. Oh well. I'm sure there'll be others.
Back to point, I've never actually had this problem, but it seems like it would be useful. Maybe you could gauge the quality of the movie by the amount of peebreaks it has.

zoozilla

Dec 3, 2007
This is just one example of the great things we can achieve when the Internet is used for good and not for evil.

scnj said:
When I went to see Sunshine, it was me and some other guy alone in the cinema. He clearly didn't know I was there, because about two thirds through the film, he sauntered to the back of the cinema and proceeded to shit in his popcorn bucket. I reported him to security and he was swiftly removed along with the offending turd.
And I pray to God that I never have to experience something like that in my life.

syndicated44

Apr 25, 2009
Oh man that one is priceless. That is probably one of the greatest ideas I have ever heard of. My only question is what if the person watching the movie to write up the report has to pee in the middle of the movie?

akmarksman said:
That is actually a good idea.
I like it.

I wonder if they will have one for MGS4.. ;)
Bloody hell that happened to me at the end cinematic that ran a good hour and a half.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
Nimbus said:
APPCRASH said:
Nimbus said:
Seriously? Most movies are only two hours long. Is it really that big of a deal to just hold it?

If you're really so unable to hold it that you need to memorise pee-break times before you go see a movie, then you should probably wait for the DVD.
Have you ever ordered a small coke in an American theater?
No, but unless the damn thing is 2 litres and you drink it all in 5 minutes, I still don't see the problem.
The difference in price between the small and the large drinks typically in only $.75, but if you get a small, you are paying $5.00 for a 16oz. cup. That's why most people get a large, and thanks to the huge amount of salt on the popcorn, that's why most people finish them early.

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
Why am I laughing so much at this? Its such a simple premise but this could seriously be very helpful. During Harry Potter and the Half Blood prince I was busting during the bit where they're in Hagrid's hut that I just couldnt take it and ran out, Missing the important part about his memories. (Thank god for friends).

So yes. I very much approve of this site. Good find.

Playbahnosh

Dec 12, 2007
Pr0 T1p: Always arrive after the trailers ca. 20-30 mins after official starting time (you can always watch trailers online). That way, you don't drink you coke while watching the trailers and you can shave a good half hour off the running time.

Another tip: when you sit down, put your coke and popcorn down near your feet (or at least out of sight and arm-reach), and restrain yourself from eating/drinking until the real movie starts. Remember, the popcorn and soda is ONLY for the movie, not the trailers.

Aedrial

Jun 24, 2009
I don't pay for the $9 drinks at the cinemas, so this doesn't affect me. but this IS something that should be commended a brilliant idea if i ever saw one.

Savioritis

Jul 22, 2009
The funniest thing about this is who it's made by:

Carson Palmer and his brother Bobby Palmer, the starting and the backup quarterbacks for the Cincinnati Bengals! Their hobby is making IPhone and IPod apps.

sneak_copter

Nov 3, 2008
Leroy Frederick said:
Just what I've been looking for, sweet! I just hope no one takes the piss with this service.
You deserve cookie for great puns.

It was almost impossible getting through King Kong without needing to go... That film is exactly 2 hours and 59 minutes long.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Take a piss BEFORE you go inside. Then you can chug down the huge Coke and NOT have to go to the bathroom during the movie (assuming you have proper bladder control and aren't doing a LotRO marathon or something)...

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
Heart of Darkness said:
xD

Seriously? This is hilarious!
----
More serious note, this happened to me at the end of Pirates of the Caribbean 2. Ran out to pee literally five minutes before the credits started. So I missed the climax.
dont feel sad about it, the movie is a turd anyway (that is my opinion of course).

Leroy Frederick

Jan 27, 2009
sneak_copter said:
Leroy Frederick said:
Just what I've been looking for, sweet! I just hope no one takes the piss with this service.
You deserve cookie for great puns.

It was almost impossible getting through King Kong without needing to go... That film is exactly 2 hours and 59 minutes long.
Thanks, I like cookies :D

I guess the relevancy of this is dependent on how strong or weak your bladder is and how many times you've wet yourself while watching the latest releases.