NeverDead Review

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
NeverDead Review

NeverDead has good ideas being countered by poor execution.

Read Full Article

Dec 14, 2009
Just from watching that review, I can't help but think the game just looks... ugly.

It's not grey or gritty, it's just bland and uninspired and the character animations look awful.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
As much as I enjoyed the story of Too Human, didn't developers learn from that game that assigning melee combat controls to a thumbstick is an atrociously bad idea? How can that big a fumble possibly be repeated?!

SycoMantis91

Dec 21, 2011
To be fair, there's no way a game can live up to having Megadeth record its theme song. But yea, I was really looking forward to it too . But after just seeing it, I can tell it's not gonna come close to expectations.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
It's a miss then!

Shame seemed like it had some good ideas, but if they've used the combat layout from too human...

it's a miss then!

Valanthe

Sep 24, 2009
Shoot, I had hopes for this game, but as people above said, I'm glad I waited for the review, the video alone has turned me off.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
As far as total bodily dismemberment goes, there's only one undead demon hunter I will ever need...

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
I'm callin' it. This will be a cult hit. And by that I mean when it gets fairly cheap in the months and years to come people will buy it and like it although it will be too late to ensure it a sequel.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Proverbial Jon said:
As far as total bodily dismemberment goes, there's only one undead demon hunter I will ever need...

*hugs*

OT:I saw some Roosterteeth videos on this, the combat looked boring and unfun. Didn't know about the Too Human controls, that makes it so much worse. I really liked the creativity but I thought they could do more. Looked interesting, but not worth the money.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I never thought any of the gameplay movies from this game looked fun at all. It just looked... meh. Not that good since there are a few really great releases that have come out around this time. There is a term for this, it's Competitor Neglect. People naturally think their undertakings are above average and end up only caring about what they want to do and what they are good at.... I have said too much. Too bad though, the concept was awesome.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Damn, I was hoping Megadeth would be able to save this. I was looking forward to this too but I guess I won't bother now.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Proverbial Jon said:

Here's a thought, imagine if they managed to actually make a full, proper Hellsing game that's based on the game, has all the series VA's....AND! And..allows you to play through some sections of the manga story as different characters (naturally alucard will be the main character and all but..well, variety always makes things fun):

eg. Playing as Anderson when he's fighting through London, playing a bit as walter when against Jan....

admit it, if done right, that game could be seven times of crazy awesome.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Infernai said:
Here's a thought, imagine if they managed to actually make a full, proper Hellsing game that's based on the game, has all the series VA's....AND! And..allows you to play through some sections of the manga story as different characters (naturally alucard will be the main character and all but..well, variety always makes things fun):

eg. Playing as Anderson when he's fighting through London, playing a bit as walter when against Jan....

admit it, if done right, that game could be seven times of crazy awesome.

I would totally play that, it sounds awesome. Throw in a level where you can be Schrödinger as well and I'm sold. Although even if we ever did get a Hellsing game, it would probably end up being a 2D fighting game like the multitide of Bleach games.