Neverwinter Becomes an MMO

adamtm

Aug 22, 2010
SupahGamuh said:
Now that I think about it... we desperately need a game with the Planescape setting ASAP.
+1

And I'm going to let you finish but Planescape Torment was the best RPG of all time.

ALL TIME!!

The game-industry just doesn't feature enough flying skulls these days...

Estelindis

Jan 25, 2008
spartandude said:
may i ask is the original Neverwinter Nights a good game?
Yes, it's excellent, but it's important to put its excellence in context.

The original single player campaign and the first expansion pack are nothing special in terms of plot or characters, but the second expansion pack is brilliant on both fronts. However, it's the modding community that makes NWN such an amazing game. NWN comes with a game toolset and a number of tools that allow you not just to modify the appearance and gameplay but also to create whole new adventures. There are thousands of these available on nwvault.ign.com just waiting to be played. You can see some of the most popular ones here. [http://nwvault.ign.com/fms/TopRated.php?content=modules] In addition, there's a vibrant and active multi-player community that runs what are called Persistent Worlds (like mini MMOs); there are lots of PWs catering to all kinds of tastes, from role-play-heavy to intense combat. Here are some of the top PWs on the Vault. [http://nwvault.ign.com/fms/TopRated.php?content=gameworld]

Anyway, the original NWN is a steal on gog.com, so it's well worth checking out. The graphics may be nothing to write home about, particularly considering how much it has aged, but with all the fan-made modules and custom content it's one of the best-value games one can buy anywhere.

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
I'm hoping it's similar to Neverwinter Nights...

Got about 5 pessimistic rage thoughts running through my mind atm, but I hope they don't make a mess of it like so many other MMOs...

spartandude said:
may i ask is the original Neverwinter Nights a good game?
It is my personal favorite game of all time. Yes, yes it is.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
I'm not so attached to Forgotten Realms video games that I'll take the setting minus the D20 system. I'd rather go fool around in Eberron.

Actually, scratch that. I'm off to replay Icewind Dale. Screw Neverwinter.