Neverwinter Nights 2 Glitch Help

peel15

Nov 3, 2008
I'm basically farther in the game than the game thinks I am if that makes any sense. I'm in the market district of the city of neverwinter but as far as the game is concerned i've only gotten up to the town right before neverwinter. I can't go back they're to do the quests to unlock the zones though because the game also thinks I'm passed that point in the main plot.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
I'm really not sure what you just said... but did you take the time to download all the patches? When NWN2 was first released it was pretty damned buggy, no mistaking that. Thankfully there have been a plethora of patches to fix various bugs and glitches since however, so if you haven't downloaded those you should immediately. It helps. A lot!

I haven't actually played NWN2's main campaign since the game was released however, so if that doesn't fix it then I'm not sure what you could do next.

peel15

Nov 3, 2008
I bought the platinum pack from steam and basically what has happened is I'm in the market district in never winter but when I go to the world map no place in neverwinter exists I only have the map up to highcliffe or ville or whateer that place is

darth.pixie

Jan 20, 2011
So if I get this right, all of your map locations are gone except Highcliff? Did you get a cutscene before this happened or another act? Some companions tend to vanish after that or locations dissapear.

peel15

Nov 3, 2008
I have every location up to and including highcliff but nothing after and I cannot unlock anything after it because i'm already in neverwinter is they're a console command to unlock locations?

darth.pixie

Jan 20, 2011
No, there isn't.

Did you add mods? It sounds like a bugged one.

Just to test my previous statement though, go to a previous save before going on a ship to Neverwinter and take the boat. See if it does it again.

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
oh man this brings back memories i remember the infinite fight bug i had one time where i was fighting the main boss for the castle siege lvl but it just wouldnt die, in the end i had to delete several of my saves until i got to an uncorrupted save so i could progress beyond that point.

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
Actually, from the somewhat unclear description, this could just be the normal world-map updating of the game.

Time passes. Things are not (entirely) static. Once you leave certain areas and advance the plot, certain areas become closed off. If there were side-quests you didn't do, items you didn't pick up: too bad, too late.

In fact, a certain side-quest pertaining to finding ore deposits cannot be completed 100% if you miss a deposit in an area that you visit only once during the game.
I think you can get the best reward even without it, but the fact remains: certain quests can only be completed during specific time windows plot wise. Certain items can only be found from areas that you cannot later return to once you leave.

What was descriped by the OP could be a bug - even with the expansions and fixes NWN 2 is hardly the epitome of coding perfection. But this is a game where the main campaing specifically disallows revisiting some areas and practically remakes others before you can do so again.