New $100 dollar bill design.

Shru1kan

Dec 10, 2009
tellmeimaninja said:
When do we all just get credits put into accounts that can only be unlocked by a DNA scan?
Because DNA is ridiculously easy to obtain?

I'd say some sort of retinal scan or fingerprints, its easier to tell when someone has a disembodied eye or thumb that they're stealing with, not some guy who fakes pulling hair and gives someone else's.

Kathinka

Jan 17, 2010
congratulations on arriving on the stand that europe and most countries in the world have reached a decade or more ago^^

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Eh, doesn't matter to me. I don't like American money as it is right now. Our Canadian bills are easier to sort. Personally I like the idea of the Euro bills best right now. Bills are sized in direct proportion to their worth (small amounts being smaller bills and whatnot) in addition to being colour coded.

I support the new American bill IF it means they will stop all being the colour green. Mind you, my opinion is rather unimportant here. Extra security is always a good thing.

Z(ombie)fan

Mar 12, 2010
Venatio said:
Does it still have "In God we trust" on the back? I hope not, good a time as any to change it.

Edit: Crap, it does....
what IM wondering is why does is say "MEN SPECIMEN SPECIMEN N SPECIMEN SPECIMEN SPE CIMEN SPECIMEN SPECIMEN" ON THE BACK!?

Milo Windby

Feb 12, 2010
muckinscavitch said:
I personally dislike American bills due to the fact that they are all the same colour and such. I enjoy my own Canadian currency with Monopoly-esque colours. I also dislike one dollar bills, loonies are much nicer :D

More on topic, I do like the new design more. The addition of colour is nice. It is less like all the rest, hoping the rest don't follow the exact same redesign.
I find it funny that people think Canadian Money is like monopoly money.
Canadian money is more then one colour and yet Monopoly money is one solid colour...
so is it not the American money that is monopoly money?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1ySD27MHu1s/SlsxmOfvAkI/AAAAAAAAACE/8iu8zhbskdc/s320/Monopoly+money.jpg

icaritos

Apr 15, 2009
Mimsofthedawg said:
icaritos said:
Mimsofthedawg said:
Venatio said:
Does it still have "In God we trust" on the back? I hope not, good a time as any to change it.

Edit: Crap, it does....
hahahhahhaha, it has it in an even more noticeable way!!!

btw, why should in god we trust be taken away? At the very least, I think it's a good tradition.
Because it spits in the face of the constitution with the whole "separation of church and state". So yes In god we Trust should be removed.
as i said to the other person, you go believing your revisionist history, while I read up on George Washington's and Thomas Jefferson's ACTUAL WORDS on what they mean behind the notion of Church and State. Silly progressives.
"Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State."

This is what Jefferson stated, regardless of which interpretation you try to give i believe the end result is correct. True acceptance of the government towards free religious expression can only be achieved through total neutrality. Religion also constraints independent though and scientific development which is essential to a country's development. The US wouldn't be where it is otherwise. Just look at what Islamic fundamentalism did to what was once one of the world center of scientific development.

Hmm lets stop this before it becomes a secular state discussion...

Shru1kan

Dec 10, 2009
tellmeimaninja said:
Shru1kan said:
tellmeimaninja said:
When do we all just get credits put into accounts that can only be unlocked by a DNA scan?
Because DNA is ridiculously easy to obtain?

I'd say some sort of retinal scan or fingerprints, its easier to tell when someone has a disembodied eye or thumb that they're stealing with, not some guy who fakes pulling hair and gives someone else's.
When[footnote]that says "WHEN"[/footnote] the hell did I say "Why don't we..." I didn't. Seriously? I make a joke and then you do... that.
I wasn't seriously debating you or acting condescending. But that's cool too.

Feriluce

Apr 1, 2010
Here's our new moneys. Apparantly our national bank has suddenly got a huge affection for bridges and old artifacts.:

And the old ones:

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Mimsofthedawg said:
When you look at the FACT that EVERY STATE had a state religions up until 1855, you realize that church and state was not only intermingled...
Nah, what I realize is that they must have had a pretty sound reason for getting rid of state religions, and maybe we should look at why and see if it applies to other things, like printing "IN GOD WE TRUST" on our money. In the end though, it doesn't matter what they do, some group of people who think they're entitled to more than they are will complain about what's printed on it. They keep it on there, you get the "it should be removed" crowd. They take it off, you get a "put it back on!" crowd. You know what? I think it's pointless to argue about. I don't care what they print on it as long as I can still trade it for goods and services. Go ahead and print "mjc0961 smells like poo" and I won't care as long as I can still use the bills.

As for the design changes... Like someone else before said, I don't care too much how it looks, but if it can stop counterfeiters somehow, then cool.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
It doesn't matter how good or bad it looks, because in Britain, you can make a crease in the paper money and make the queen smile or frown. It's funny, and therefore, we win.

wasalp

Dec 22, 2008
Mimsofthedawg said:
fenrizz said:
Mimsofthedawg said:
muckinscavitch said:
I personally dislike American bills due to the fact that they are all the same colour and such. I enjoy my own Canadian currency with Monopoly-esque colours. I also dislike one dollar bills, loonies are much nicer :D

More on topic, I do like the new design more. The addition of colour is nice. It is less like all the rest, hoping the rest don't follow the exact same redesign.
one of my girlfriends was canadian... ya'll have the dumbest names for the most random shit. I say that respectfully, of course.

It's like Canada has an identity crisis. Should they act more American or more European?
More European, for sure!

Also, what dumb names? I am curious.
I don't even remember all of them to be honest (although, perhaps the most pronounced of European influence was in the pronunciation of certain words, such as pardon (pardone, like in French) and the like). But the thing I couldn't stop laughing at was "Loonies". Aren't there other ones like that too? Like toonies, copper, etc. - or something like that?

I suppose when viewed from the perspective that we still call one cent coins "pennies", it's not THAT weird.. but seriously? Loonies?
dude theres a loon(our national bird) on the coin

chimmers

Nov 18, 2007
As long as it looks different to the rest of the notes then yey good idea. Looks quite snazzy.
Still don't like USA money. Seems like toy notes, they're all the same size and colour. Strange folk

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Hey, anything that stops the state-sponsored counterfeiters in North Korea. I'm good with anything that makes those jerk's lives more miserable.

Venatio

Sep 6, 2009
z(ombie)fan said:
what IM wondering is why does is say "MEN SPECIMEN SPECIMEN N SPECIMEN SPECIMEN SPE CIMEN SPECIMEN SPECIMEN" ON THE BACK!?
I got it off wikipedia,I dont know what those people are doing with their photoshop but thats that.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
I'm glad it still has "In God We Trust" on it. It's been on our money for so long, I'd hate for it to change.

I wish we could make our money plastic like the Singapore dollars. You could try to rip it and you couldn't. Water proof and rip proof! Those were some cool dollars.

Daipire

Oct 25, 2009
baggyn said:
Australian money is pretty cool, its laminated and has a clear 'window' bit
Like everything else in Australia, it kicks ass.

Nah, but the way they make it is insane, it features the worlds largest bubble!

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
American money? you should specify, this is not an all american site. As for a new design I really do not care. You may want to consider going for the new almost indestructible plastic money though.