New Assassin's Creed Multiplayer Characters Come Straight From the Story

Frotality

Oct 25, 2010
so...the character models have more plot relevance in the part of the game that has no plot?

uh...great. dont think anyone was really complaining about the pope and his incestuous children not being MP models. just as well, never cared for the MP anyway.

ZeZZZZevy

Apr 3, 2011
I hope the MP is improved, I really liked the concept (I got tired of it fairly quickly, because I kept getting dropped from matches or couldn't get connected to a match. (not the fault of my internet, because I've never had any problems with MP before)

not sure if they ever patched it/got better servers, but here's hoping that they'll be a lot better the second time around

Drakulea

Feb 23, 2011
Well, at least the characters aren't cookie-cutter cardboard cutouts. I bet 90% of the people that read the article don't know what a Qizilbash or a Wallachian is.

Timmibal

Nov 8, 2010
Wallachian nobleman who feels betrayed by an alliance with ottomans invading his lands?

Do I smell a certain mustachioed member of The Order of the Dragon with a penchant for impalings in my AssCreed? Am I fanboying slightly at the possibility? Yes, yes I am.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Who cares if the multiplayer characters are related to the actual story? I just assumed they were all created avatars for use by the Templars to train with.

alrekr

Mar 11, 2010
Dam and blast! There goes any hope of character customization; as well as my last sliver of hope that the AC comic "the fall" would get a game.

[HEADING=1]I want Russia you fools [/HEADING]

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
I think I read somewhere that the narrative will come more into your Templar agent and you will have more freedom to interact with others OUTSIDE the Animus. Basically, a sort of over arching plot for why you are doing all the training, not entirely unlike Bioshock 2.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
That's......great. Can we have some info about the Single player now? You know the only part people will care about a week after launch, *BURN*?

I REALLY hope they launch the PC version on Launch day this time instead of, like 6 months later. We only got brotherhood like a month ago, would you believe it?

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
So this is taking place in what, 16-17th century Istanbul? That is an interesting choice to say the least.

KnowYourOnion

Jul 6, 2009
Serenegoose said:
So this is taking place in what, 16-17th century Istanbul? That is an interesting choice to say the least.
Yeah I'm still not sure when this taking place. I was gonna say more 18th century just before the Ottoman Empire collapsed like hippo made of damp paper.

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
KnowYourOnion said:
Serenegoose said:
Yeah I'm still not sure when this taking place. I was gonna say more 18th century just before the Ottoman Empire collapsed like hippo made of damp paper.
If the Ottomans annexed Wallachia in living memory that puts it in the 16th century if I'm not mistaken. The sentinels description implies that is the case.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
That fellow looks so badass, I'm making him my new "officer"

I hadn't heard that they were going to work on an Assassin's Creed 2 Trilogy, time to get informed!

Drakulea

Feb 23, 2011
Serenegoose said:
KnowYourOnion said:
Serenegoose said:
If the Ottomans annexed Wallachia in living memory that puts it in the 16th century if I'm not mistaken. The sentinels description implies that is the case.
Well, Ezio still has to be alive and able-bodied unless the Apple turned him into a Methuselah. Ezio's story in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood ends in 1507, while Ezio himself is born in 1459. So he's 50 years old in 1509. I'd say Ezio's adventures take place around that time, 1509,1519,1529, take your pick.

Random fact : The best way to rile up a Romanian is to suggest the Romanian Principalities were annexed by the Ottoman Empire (they weren't; vassals, yes). Think something along the lines of walking into a seedy Glasgow bar and suddenly boom : "Boy it sure is nice here in England!".

P.S. : RUSSIA?! Get in line. You get plenty of screentime in the Call of Duty series, isn't that enough? You're practically co-protagonists. It's our time to shine. No, Agent 47 doesn't count, he's a genetic milkshake and the mad scientist was Ort-Meyer, a dirty Satu Mare Swabian :p . Booooo! ( As EDI would say : "That was a joke." )