New Assassin's Creed: Syndicate DLC Trailer Introduces Jack The Ripper

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
New Assassin's Creed: Syndicate DLC Trailer Introduces Jack The Ripper

Ubisoft has released a new trailer for Assassin's Creed: Syndicate's Jack the Ripper DLC.

Later this month, Assassin's Creed: Syndicate players will be given the chance to hunt down London's infamous Jack the Ripper as Evie Frye. The DLC will be available for download on consoles on December 15 and PC on December 22. The Jack the Ripper DLC will cost $14.99, or come included as part of the season pass.

According to Ubisoft, heroine Evie Frye will "investigate a series of crimes that draw her deep into the dark underworld of Victorian London's Whitechapel district" in the expansion, which takes place 20 years after the events of Assassin's Creed: Syndicate.

It also appears that Evie and Jack have some sort of previous relationship, as indicated by him asking her "How many more must die before you see the truth?" The plot thickens.

[gallery=5188]

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I was hoping this would be in the base game. I suppose I'm glad I get to go toe to toe with Jack at all. Still, it better be good, I'd be more willing if it were $10.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Uh huh. Five bucks says he's either a rogue Assassin or a Templar agent.

I mean, is it ever anything else in an AC game?

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Zhukov said:
Uh huh. Five bucks says he's either a rogue Assassin or a Templar agent.

I mean, is it ever anything else in an AC game?
He could be a remnant of precursor race? Thats usually the other option

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I'm guessing Jack is yet another damn Sage.

Because ever since IV, that's really all ubisoft has to keep the meta-plot going. There's hints that it's all gonna tie back to Juno....eventually, but they're taking their dear sweet time on that front.

Christ, the Solar Flare plot was better paced then this.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Any chance Jack the ripper is really just an ubisoft employee sent back in time to commit terrible crimes to create the legend of Jack the ripper so Ubisoft can sell this as DLC?

Mangod

Feb 20, 2011
synobal said:
Any chance Jack the ripper is really just an ubisoft employee sent back in time to commit terrible crimes to create the legend of Jack the ripper so Ubisoft can sell this as DLC?
And I thought Assassin's Creed was bad enough when it started having us play as a guy playing through a guys memories of another guy he's related to.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Didn't they announce Jack the Ripper missions after the game itself was announced? I thought it would be a downloadable mission, like how Unity had one involving Thomas Paine, and that "Chemical Revolution" one.