New BF4 Patch Adds New Weapons, Modes, Balances

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Wow...

This is hitting a new low, guys. I mean, I play Battlefield still, and even I'm not interested in this.

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
This is pretty old, I heard about this (and have seen videos of the new weapons in use) about 2-3 weeks ago. Regardless, I think it's nice that the game is still being supported. However, this is also a sign of how poorly Hardline has done in eyes of the BF Community and EA is noticing it.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Skops said:
This is pretty old, I heard about this (and have seen videos of the new weapons in use) about 2-3 weeks ago. Regardless, I think it's nice that the game is still being supported. However, this is also a sign of how poorly Hardline has done in eyes of the BF Community and EA is noticing it.
It's funny, in the BF community, there were two sides: one who said Hardline was a dumb idea and would fail, and the other said it would be new and refreshing. Now, only the former remains and the latter is pretty much gone. Too bad, Hardline could have been great, if they hadn't sold it at full price.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
The only thing I truly care about in this update is the AN94, gimme my death spitter already!

Although the improvements to hit detection and consistency that are slowly filtering through should be nice too. I still play a lot of BF3 simply because in that game when you aim, you hit, in BF4 when you aim it's still a bit of a gamble.

Bob_McMillan said:
Too bad, Hardline could have been great, if they hadn't sold it at full price.
Indeed, Hardline is pretty much the equivalent of BF1943 or the BC2 Vietnam expansion, nobody cares about a Battlefield game's campaign (almost literally) and it's reflected in the sales.

happy_turtle

Apr 11, 2010
You know, fair play to them, nice to see a dev with free post-launch material. I hear Nintendo is investing in that approach with Splatoon. Only a few levels to begin with but frequent post-release stuff to keep players playing for longer.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
i have stopped playing it. looks like MP games dont like me much. i know already the new weapon damage will do nothing for me. everyone still can kill me with a water pistol by shooting me in the foot, wile i can drop a nuclear bomb directly on an enemy and he still will have 80% health left.

Falsename

Oct 28, 2010
"Battlefield Hardline didn't come out as success as we thought? Quick, lets adjust Battlefield 4 slightly and pretend Hardline was never meant to replace it".

...Not complaining just giving social commentary.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Skops said:
Don't worry about Hardline's failure, EA will get a another try at a new spin on things when Battlefield: Star Wars comes out later this year...because that sure as hell isn't going to be a Battlefront title as its name would imply. :p

Tatsuki

Nov 9, 2014
I haven't played Battlefield 4 for a little while, jumped back into it not long ago.
I'm getting curb stomped by wall to wall head shots as it is from across the map with damned PDWs.

So some of the changes seem positive for me and all in all free crap, even if it is a desperate player grab I will take what I can and continue to die over and over again in new maps and modes because I went to the toilet once and now I suck.

Scow2

Aug 3, 2009
RJ 17 said:
Skops said:
Don't worry about Hardline's failure, EA will get a another try at a new spin on things when Battlefield: Star Wars comes out later this year...because that sure as hell isn't going to be a Battlefront title as its name would imply. :p
Battlefront has always been Battlefield, just with a different name and from another developer.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Scow2 said:
RJ 17 said:
Skops said:
Battlefront has always been Battlefield, just with a different name and from another developer.
This is true. It did after all originate from a BF 1942 mod.