New British Prime Minister Takes office just moments ago! + Live updates of details of agreement

Valksy

Nov 5, 2009
Plinglebob said:
If the Lib Dems somehow wrangled it so Vince Cable is Chancellor, I'll be dancing in the street.
Gotta quote you mate and say that IS an interesting idea. Fingers crossed because Vince Cable is one politician I can actually trust and get behind.

Most of the cabinet is a joke - it is all run by the civil service and they won't let someone just walk in and make an utter fuck up of it so it doesn't matter one iota how "inexperienced" someone is. But the Chancellor (and maybe Home and Foreign secretary) really matter and it would not only be an incredible coup to have Cable at the table, it would be a fucking good idea.

InvisibleSeal

The Invisible One
May 3, 2009
I had no idea it was all decided!

I'm not sure how happy people will be about David Cameron as PM, but I hope everyone will breathe a sigh of relief that Gordon Brown is leaving.

CHIMP MAGNET

Mar 1, 2010
BORRIS JOHNSON FOR EMPEROR OF THE UNIVERSE! (For all Non english, he is the Mayor of london
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWIUp19bBoA

spinFX

Aug 18, 2008
No matter who won I was going to cry. I don't even live in Australia and unlike American politics England just doesn't affect us too much, odd considering we still pay homage to the queen. It is American economics and culture that influences our island the most but still I followed your election and I must say: all 3 major parties sucked balls. You were screwed any which way. Democracy is crap when you can't choose anyone who represents you.

lostzombies.com

Apr 26, 2010
Cryo84R said:
Maybe the Royal Navy will get the resources it needs to take up some of responsibility in the Atlantic now.
We love you brits but we could use some more help there so we can get more ships in the Pacific Fleet.
Two super carriers are already being built :D

no seriously http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Elizabeth_class_aircraft_carrier

JayJayinMay

Apr 7, 2010
He will change the national anthem from "God save the Queen" to "You cant stop David cameron!"

Ja mein Führer!

Claymorez

Our King
Apr 20, 2009
Quiet Stranger said:
ARatherHandsomeGent said:
El Poncho said:
Where's my gun I have to go shoot myself.
What, you didn't plan for this? I've had mine next to me this whole election. Goodbye cruel David Cameron run Britain!!! (shoots self and wakes up in hell being tormented be a million David Cameron's)
What's so bad about this David Cameron guy and what the hell is "Number 10"??
....................................................*x that pause by 10 hours......

Number ten is the place in the Uk the prime minister lives.

Cryo84R

Gentleman Bastard.
Jun 27, 2009
lostzombies.com said:
Cryo84R said:
Maybe the Royal Navy will get the resources it needs to take up some of responsibility in the Atlantic now.
We love you brits but we could use some more help there so we can get more ships in the Pacific Fleet.

no seriously http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Elizabeth_class_aircraft_carrier
Yep, know all about it. I have a few friends in the RN and wish you guys the best. It's good that the UK CVNs are going to be built for joint operations with US CVNs.

I honestly have no problem letting the UK watch the US back while we deal with China. You have top notch mariners.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Did anyone hear Camerons speech? He might have well have just said " Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country", because he just blatantly ripped it off.

Claymorez

Our King
Apr 20, 2009
Cryo84R said:
lostzombies.com said:
Cryo84R said:

Yep, know all about it. I have a few friends in the RN and wish you guys the best. It's good that the UK CVNs are going to be built for joint operations with US CVNs.

I honestly have no problem letting the UK watch the US back while we deal with China. You have top notch mariners.
Its a shame all our British designer run off to America with all our aero and naval plans because our government dislikes equipping the army here (i.e. funding). They just ask if it can beat the SAS and their shoe laces - to which all brilliant minds have yet to say they can come up with a viable weapon to outshine that current deterrent :p

Cryo84R

Gentleman Bastard.
Jun 27, 2009
Catchy Slogan said:
Did anyone hear Camerons speech? He might have well have just said " Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country", because he just blatantly ripped it off.
Doesn't make it any less important. It's a lesson we need in the US as well. We in the US need to stop asking the government to fix all our problems, they always cock it up.

claymorez said:
Its a shame all our British designer run off to America with all our aero and naval plans because our government dislikes equipping the army here (i.e. funding). They just ask if it can beat the SAS and their shoe laces - to which all brilliant minds have yet to say they can come up with a viable weapon to outshine that current deterrent :p
Hate to tell you this, but the UK and the US work very closely and have for quite a long time. There is nothing the UK has that the US doesn't know about, but that's not a bad thing. We aren't out to get the UK, we help each other out like allies should.

lostzombies.com

Apr 26, 2010
scumofsociety said:

Shit...so clegg made a deal with Cameron. Git. I'm dissapointed, I voted Lib Dem, not tory.

generic gamer said:
Excellent, maybe now we can have some tax cuts and some investment in local infrastructure.
Tax cuts and investment in local infrastructure? Like fuck. W'ell probably get the first, but no way the second. Cutting public spending, it's what the tories do best.

Cryo84R said:
Not a chance. Labour was already getting mass criticism for spending way too much on naval projects, doubt the conservatives will spend more. We're already waaaay overstretched in the middle east we can barely keep up with that, let alone commit to more in the atlantic. Less than half our airforce is airworthy and IIRC if attacked we have enough fuel and ammo reserves to last 2 days. More ships into the Atlantic other than those already on order is pretty unlikely.
The British public pays through the nose so our politicians can fuel their ego's and feel like big men in charge of a major military power. We don't have an empire anymore, we can't afford it, especially now.

not really, two supercarriers have been on the way for a while now

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Elizabeth_class_aircraft_carrier

The eurofigher project is nearly complete and by all reports is one of if not the best pure out and out fighters in the world, while the navy will be getting F35 lightnings for the new carriers

not to mention that the army is constantly having their kit upgraded eg the L85A2 program and the constant stream of new APCs, transport helicopters and apache gunships.....

and ammo/fuel...by having the second best power projection in the world (behind the US) I somehow doubt your "2 days" claim

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Ahh, finally the incompetence and general asshattery of Brown is a thing of the past. I look forward to a brand new style of incompetence and general asshattery!

Also, don't look at me, I voted Lib Dems.

Dahni

Lemon Meringue Tie
Aug 18, 2009
claymorez said:
In a speech outside his new Downing Street home, Mr Cameron said he and Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg would "put aside party differences and work hard for the common good and the national English interest".
National interest? No. No David Cameron. The English interest. The Scottish never fucking wanted the Tories. If you look at our results, they only gained one seat in a constituency that borders with England.

I can't wait to see how the Tories fuck up Scotland this time round.

Private Custard

Dec 30, 2007
chimmers said:
You do realise that every single Prime Minister is unelected don't you?
The majority of people pay no attention to their local MPs come the general elections. People only vote for the leader of the party, even though their votes only count towards their local constituency. This has the knock-on effect of winning premiership for one of the top three.

So yeah, people vote for the man that will become PM, he's the figurehead, the one that gets all the airtime. Labour got elected to lead the country in 1997 due to Blair, everyone knows that..........and it never takes long for the bubble to burst.

Not much of a bubble to burst this time around though. Britain has become far too cynical!