NEW CDProjektRED CYBERPUNK GAME ANNOUNCED

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
Do they really have Mike Pondsmith on board? The man behind the great Cyberpunk 2020 tabletop RPG? Colour me interested.

Folji

Jul 21, 2010
shrekfan246 said:
Folji said:
Cyberpunk game announced? It's great to finally have some deeper detail on it, but I can swear I watched the actual announcement of the game in a live broadcast around two months or so ago.
Yeah, it was announced that CD Projekt were going to be working on a Cyberpunk title quite a few months ago, actually. We did, in fact, have a news article about it here on The Escapist from what I remember, though I'm too lazy to go search it out myself.

I always like cyberpunk and steampunk settings in games, so I'm tentatively excited to see what they do with this game - Tentatively because I've never been a huge fan of P&P rulesets, and adhering strictly to them in a video-game format doesn't always translate all that well.
Ha, I knew I wasn't imagining it! But this whole thing will be something cool to keep an eye on, I'm sure of it. Not only is the source material in itself great, it's a great opportunity for CD Projekt RED to flex their muscles in new areas.