NEW CDProjektRED CYBERPUNK GAME ANNOUNCED

Jack_in_theGreen

Apr 20, 2012
Soo... Since the Escapist news crew havent posted anything about it YET, I'll post a summary of their conference today, in Warsaw, announcing among other things, some new details about their Cyberpunk game (still in early development).

1) GOG Presentation in charge of Gillaume, head of GOG. After watching a mock teaser documentary (making fun of Apple), we are presented with the news that the GOG catalog is coming to MAc. For now, 50 games of their catalog will be available for Mac, and the cool thing is that these games will be hybrid, so after purchased, you can either download them to your Mac or PC, as you like.
http://www.gog.com/c...gue/?system=osx

Some new games are announced: "Puddle" (a phisics puzzle plataformer,
and "Chaos in Deponia"!!! (Deponia 2). Chaos in Deponia (from German great developer Daedelic) will be available in November 6th. for US$20. (It will be available for just US$14 if you preorder it now, and there's also a special promo that includes the first Deponia as well :)).
http://www.gog.com/e..._promo_18_10_12

2) CDProject comes on stage. :) SOme old news; Witcher 2 Sold 2 million copies across all plataforms.
After we see a short trailer, Marcin Iwinski announces the game is coming to Mac. Short summary of the game.

3)REDKIT ANNOUNCEMENT for Witcher 2:
A quick recap of the Redkit toolset that will be available next year [of course for FREE :p], and a movie that explains very briefly the steps of creating a simple environment and then running a simple quest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uXxmYgO0L0

Apparently, IT WILL BE VERY EASY AND USER FRIENDLY. CDP IS SENDING TODAY THE KIT TO the 100 modders that were chosen to beta-test it before its publc release...

4)Cyberpunk announcement: The title will be CYBERPUNK: 2077
Great Mike Pondsmith is again asked to come on stage to talk about the game with Marcin.
CYBERPUNK: 2077 will extrapolate on the current "fears" and dangers of Humanity, so to speak. The new setting [50 years more into the future than the original] was imagined to allow more room for experimentation.
It will comprise a multi-thread dark-thriller story, much in the tradition of CDProjektRED.
The environment will definetely be a sandbox, and for those familiar with the original P&P game, it will be set in "Night City" and its surroundings.
The combat system mechanics will be based on the original, but it also will be enhanced for this version. More and new weapons and gadgets-enhancements will be added for this version too.
There will be a specific blog, set to reveal news about the game periodically.
Right now there is a new image of a female character available for download there.
http://cyberpunk.net/

That is all folks. I expected also a reveal of their last Cosplay contest, but for now it seems we'll have to wait for that too... :cry:

Sooo... Is anyone excited about this? :p
Im very hopeful about the Cyberpunk game, only a little scared of the sandbox decision... As it is VERY hard to come up with a sandbox game in which strong story and non-linearity are also present...

EDIT: Here you can watch the whole thing...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N7ebXg-2i6E

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
...well, look - I liked the Witcher, I've yet to play the sequel. Yeah, I'd agree they are good games, also, I liked what CDPR do generally. That's like, I've seen people express devoted love for them, and I didn't quite get it, but hey - live and let live.

Now...now I want to join them. They will be making a cyberpunk game, actual cyberpunk. Moreover, it's not just a cyberpunk game - it's a Cyberpunk game - capital C. I'm really happy right now. Really happy. If anyone needs me, I'll go in my bunk.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Good news all round from gog.com & cd projekt. Cyberpunk has me interested. Also I need to finish both Witcher games at some point.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
Hmm, this is unfortunate news. I have zero interest in the cyberpunk setting. That said, I hope it does well, for their sake. They deserve all the success they can get. I'll be keeping an eye out for an announcement of The Witcher III in the coming years :D

TeletubbiesGolfGun

Sep 7, 2012
er mer gerd.

super excited to hear more, i loved both the witchers and love everything they do over at GoG, so i'll definitely be watching.

Jack_in_theGreen

Apr 20, 2012
Cool that so forth its only very positive reactions here. :)

ONE VERY COOL POSIBLE CLUE
Some of the fans have gone through the teaser trailer that was shown, and Ive noticed that at some point, around "frame 47", there is a cyborg-hand with red painted nails... That can be interpreted it will be a female protagonist.... but who knows. :p

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
Jack_in_theGreen said:
That can be interpreted it will be a female protagonist.... but who knows. :p
I'm sure they've said before that there will be strong character customization, so choosing the player characters gender doesn't seem out of the question.

Folji

Jul 21, 2010
Cyberpunk game announced? It's great to finally have some deeper detail on it, but I can swear I watched the actual announcement of the game in a live broadcast around two months or so ago.

L0dest0ne

Sep 24, 2012
It's not really that big of a news announcement. I have been following this game for the better part of a year and the only new thing they announced was the four extra numbers at the end of the title.

Norrdicus

Feb 27, 2012
DoPo said:
Yeah, I'd agree they are good games, also, I liked what CDPR do generally. That's like, I've seen people express devoted love for them, and I didn't quite get it, but hey - live and let live.
People expressing devoted love towards CDProjekt is rather indicative of the state of video game business customer relations. Prioritizing the respect of your customers over punishment for pirating (granted, it took them a small while, but it's not something I can say for many other companies) and they actively go for a niche audience with GOG.com with almost no strings attached, security or financial.

What should be the norm, is actually an exception, hence why they receive such strong adoration. It's depressing, video games are being sold as a service rather than product, yet many do very little to make sure the service is convenient and up to bar

Syzygy23

Sep 20, 2010
Shouldn't it be set 57 years ahead of Cyberpunk? I mean, the full title was/is "Cyberpunk 2020".

And I look forward to someone implementing the Interlock System in a videogame, should be interesting.

AlotFirst

Mar 29, 2011
There is always that guy that HAS to ask for a release date, this guy would be me.

When. Release. Date. Now.

Anything is fine as long as it releases before 2077.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Folji said:
Cyberpunk game announced? It's great to finally have some deeper detail on it, but I can swear I watched the actual announcement of the game in a live broadcast around two months or so ago.
Yeah, it was announced that CD Projekt were going to be working on a Cyberpunk title quite a few months ago, actually. We did, in fact, have a news article about it here on The Escapist from what I remember, though I'm too lazy to go search it out myself.

I always like cyberpunk and steampunk settings in games, so I'm tentatively excited to see what they do with this game - Tentatively because I've never been a huge fan of P&P rulesets, and adhering strictly to them in a video-game format doesn't always translate all that well.

SquidVicious

Apr 20, 2011
Country
United States
Well well well this is an interesting development. I'm hoping for a console release, but this may actually be what pushes me into buying a newer computer that can run modern games.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Well, that goes on my long-term games watchlist.
Been making Shadowrun characters again. In a cyberpunk mood.