New COD game already confirmed for next year!

May 5, 2010
Why the hell not? They have two different developers making these games, which probably means Treyarch is making the next one. This means that the sequel coming out next year has been in development every since Black Ops came out. That's a perfectly reasonable development schedule of about two years.

And for people talking about how COD will have more games then Final Fantasy soon...Ha, no. Even not counting all it's spin-offs (and there are probably more spin-offs of FF then there are COD games total) Final Fantasy is still ahead.

But yes, COD has a lot of games under it's belt. That might have something to do with the fact there are TWO DIFFERENT DEVELOPERS MAKING THEM.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
How is this news ? Plus I like how everyone calls out Activision for bringing out the same game every year but not EA for releasing like the same sports game every year since pretty much forever.

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
Surely a new CoD has been confirmed for every year without it needing to be announced?

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
There really isn't much that differentiates between Call of Duty and Madden at this point.

Because of this, it's been relocated to a strictly Rental/Buy-Used-Or-X-Years-Later series. Some good moments in each of the games, but they're hardly worth the money they expect.

Anthony Wells

May 28, 2011
whoop dee doodle doo. i bought every modern warfare game but i will not be buying anymore of them. why? because they finished the modern warfare styory in 3 so i have no need to have any more COD games now. i got my three part story i loved it and now im done with call of duty for good. UNLESS they place it in a futuristic setting with laser guns or something like that maybe i will go back into the games but i doubt it and dont care.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Hero in a half shell said:
http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/224769/new-call-of-duty-already-in-development/

So, as we all know, it's been longer than 6 hours since the last COD game was released, which means we've all finished the campaign and are ready for the next challenge. Never fear loyal moneybags fans, for our Lord and Saviour Activision CEO Bobby Kotick has announced;
"As we focus on 2012, we have a strong product pipeline which features a minimum of two highly-anticipated new titles from Blizzard Entertainment, including Diablo III, and a new Call of Duty game from Activision Publishing."
Well, at least that answers the "Will there be a sequel?" question.

*Sigh* So what are your thoughts? and how long can this go on for?
This site published an article in which the publisher stated that they will shorten the production cycle considerably by throwing more men and money at development, thus allowing a game per year ratio to be.

Synyster

Madman with a laptop
Jul 20, 2011
Zen Toombs said:

My vote is that it will continue until this happens.
This radio-telescopic view of a black hole right?

Anyway yeah I basically figured a sequel was inevitable, I mean they're making so much money from this franchise there's just no way that they would kill it, but they're gunna find out one day that they've completely run out of original thoughts and ideas and completely stagnate the series as the Sonic franchise did, and to a lesser extent the Final Fantasy franchise.

EDIT: Actually now that I look at it, it might be a supernova I can't tell

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
Seriously i could have predicted there would be a call of duty game in 2012 back in 2010. I'm honestly amazed they haven't found a lost nostradamus prediction of a new CoD game in 2012.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
haha no surprise there

but with Modern Warfare wrapped up(?), guess we can get something like Black Ops 2! I mean, what's after Vietnam...the Korean War of course! definitely some intense stuff there (hey it's called the forgotten war, can wrap a lotta conspiracy and blinding white flashes into there somewhere)

tendaji

Aug 15, 2008
I wonder how many of their games will run the same engine before finally retiring it.

but with Modern Warfare wrapped up(?), guess we can get something like Black Ops 2! I mean, what's after Vietnam...the Korean War of course! definitely some intense stuff there (hey it's called the forgotten war, can wrap a lotta conspiracy and blinding white flashes into there somewhere)
Actually Korea was before Vietnam. It took place from 1950 until 1953, while Vietnam was from 1955 to 1975.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
As long as it remains profitable. Call of Duty has simply taken the Madden, NFL, NHL, FIFA route of coming out with new games regularly.

Seriously now, why does this sort of thing bother people?

Those who don't enjoy the game, don't buy it. Those who want their games to feel different can wait several years between purchases with the franchise. To me this practice is a complete win for gamers.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Synyster said:

-snip-

I actually found that by image searching for "sun explodes", but when I just looked it up again to see what it actually was the picture was nowhere to be found. 0.o

Regardless, to put my post in words: I vote that Call of Duty will continue until we all die in a fiery explosion of death.

Synyster

Madman with a laptop
Jul 20, 2011
Zen Toombs said:
Synyster said:

-snip-

I actually found that by image searching for "sun explodes", but when I just looked it up again to see what it actually was the picture was nowhere to be found. 0.o

Regardless, to put my post in words: I vote that Call of Duty will continue until we all die in a fiery explosion of death.
Eh, that's good enough for me!

OT: I agree you about the fiery explosion, however the series might get so big that the wave form will collapse creating a singularity.....

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Synyster said:
Zen Toombs said:
Synyster said:

-snip-

Eh, that's good enough for me!

OT: I agree you about the fiery explosion, however the series might get so big that the wave form will collapse creating a singularity.....
Now we know what that picture is! It's from the future where that has already happened!

We must stop CoD! It's our.... Duty.

[sup]Yeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhh![/sup]

TheDooD

Dec 23, 2010
Well the hype from this game is pretty much invalid. Also if they keep doing this every year I can make the excuse that "I can wait till next year because it'll be better" so I won't have to bother buying it and or getting hyped about it.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
believer258 said:
I'm sweating profusely with hot anticipation. [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SarcasmMode]

Honestly, I will defend Call of Duty 2 and 4 to the death. They were both excellent games and their single player campaigns were far more than just throwaway shitfests. Hell, I'll even give World at War a good nod, it had some real humanity in it and its characters were pretty interesting.

MW2 and Black Ops, however, are just stale. I did enjoy them, and even beat MW2's campaign on Veteran. But I just don't have any interest in the series anymore, and after playing the likes of Resistance 3, that goes for the entire military shooter genre.

Honestly, GTFO and let some more real shooters in!
Agreed completely. 4 is one of my favorite shooters ever and it had an amazing campaign.

MW2 and Black Ops were still fun games, but like you said, they were just stale.

That being said, I might have been a little more charitable towards Black Ops if the PC version actually functioned.