New Dark Souls "Boss Rush" Mod Lets You Focus on Bosses

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
New Dark Souls "Boss Rush" Mod Lets You Focus on Bosses

A new mod for Dark Souls lets you hop from boss to boss to perfect taking them all down.

Dark Souls may be six years old, but there are still plenty of people who enjoy playing it, and plenty of mods to offer up new ways to experience it. Case in point: The new mod from modder Wulf2k, titled "Boss Rush."

As you might guess from the name, Boss Rush has you take on each of the game's bosses without spending any time on the trash mobs in between. You'll have the option of two different game modes. In Regular Boss Rush, you take on the bosses in the order you encounter them in game, and in Reverse Boss Rush mode, you start with the game's final boss, Gwyn, and work your way back to the beginning.

It seems like a way to test yourself against the game's bosses, or practice on that one pesky boss you still haven't beat. There is a caveat, though. As creator Wulf2k points out in this Reddit thread [https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls/comments/6njs5g/boss_rush_mod_supermegaprealpha_release/], "Don't use a character where progress matters. The boss rush will mess with event flags and could leave your character's world in an unfinishable state."

If you're interested, you can find the mod's .EXE file at this link [http://wulf2k.ca/pc/das/das-brush.exe]. It's still in "Super-Mega-Pre-Alpha" mode, so keep that in mind before you dive in.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
Next there will be a true boss rush mod where ALL the bosses rush you down at once on the lava field or in the abyss. Can you git that gud?

I'm currently doing NG+ on Bloodborne with the Kos Parasite. Amelia was a nightmare, so I'm still getting gud ._.

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
KoudelkaMorgan said:
Next there will be a true boss rush mod where ALL the bosses rush you down at once on the lava field or in the abyss. Can you git that gud?

I'm currently doing NG+ on Bloodborne with the Kos Parasite. Amelia was a nightmare, so I'm still getting gud ._.
Heh I picked up my copy of Bloodborne after about a year of not playing to try out the DLC, since I'd platinumed the game I was on NG+++ I got to Laurence and haven't played since, Maria was actually fun but Lawrence and Ludwig have just been a pain. Especially with Lawrences door before the fog gate which is just annoying design.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
I don't play online in any of the games, and I don't have ps+. I couldn't quite beat Ludwig with the parasite after many attempts, but came close. I just whipped out the moonlight blade and wrecked him 1st try. Maria was easily beaten with hentai, but so far the Orphan is proving as hard as Amelia and Ludwig given his high arcane resistance.

I had zero issue with Orphan with rifle spear, bowblade, stake driver, or moonlight but I think the fiddly dodging changes of being a lumenwood are messing with my timing here.

I took a break to make a how to video for a friend struggling with the Pursuer in DS2 and it was like I was wearing weighted clothing I felt so slow, my dagger kept almost breaking, and slogging through enemies in SotFS version reminded me why I prefer the original version.

I doubt a boss rush in DS2 would be possible unless you had plenty of repair powder/extra weapons because Lenigrast's smithing is not as good as Andre's that is for sure. Or you could just mod out the degradation and actually have fun.