New Deep Down Trailer Crawls Out Of 2094 New York

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
New Deep Down Trailer Crawls Out Of 2094 New York

Maps are procedurally generated, and monsters are randomized, in Capcom's fantasy online RPG.

The SCE Japan Press Conference saw some Deep Down [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/126505-Capcoms-Deep-Down-Hints-Horrific-Online-Goodness] reveals, including this new trailer showing off all kinds of medieval style dungeon wandering. But why is this medieval when, according to Capcom, the game's set in New York, circa 2094? It's because you have the ability to read memories trapped in artefacts and monuments, hero, which plants you right in the boots of the warrior you see stalking the halls of this fantasy dreamscape. Try not to annoy the dragon; you may not like what happens next.

The maps are procedurally generated, according to producer Yoshinori Ono, and the monsters are randomized, so you may find that dragon sooner than you think. The trailer gives a few glimpses of future New York - and a very comfortable apartment - but, judging by the trailer, you'll be spending much of your time delving into memories of the dim and distant past. If you don't want to do that solo, Capcom's provided co-op play options for up to three friends.

Want to know more? Will you be in Tokyo for the Games Show [http://tgs.cesa.or.jp/english/] later this month? If so, look out for a playable demo there. This has been announced for the PS4 only, so far, and there isn't a release date.

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-09-deep-down-is-set-in-2094-new-york]

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
So it's Assassin's Creed meets Demons Souls?

The trailer doesn't seem to really show much, to be honest. A knight walking down corridors and shots of a few monsters.

MrMunchies

Mar 6, 2012
I don't know, I feel like they could have gone with more of a "realistic" fantasy world than this Assassin's Creed'esque
simulation thingny, TBH.

Gary Thompson

Aug 29, 2011
I hope it's better than Dragon's Dogma, but I'm getting tired of fantasy dungeon crawlers.

If they wanted to do something historical they could have done a lot of other, more interesting things.

Not Lord Atkin

I'm dead inside.
Oct 25, 2008
oh come on. "procedurally generated" and "online" are the two things that always kill any interest I may have had when it comes to RPGs.

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
If you want to show off the graphical power of the new consoles, this might be my choice. That is some sweet-ass ray tracing.

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
eeh. Although I am interested in the game, this does make me a bit suspicious. The tone of this trailers feels really unfocused. we see two environments with the future and the past which AC also tried, and the music reminds me of Final Fantasy. These are pretty big changes than what we saw at the first trailer, which showed a actual medieval setting with some standard fantasy thrown in the mix. Guess that this game is a wait and see.

Stalydan

Mar 18, 2011
I like that it seems possible they could go between time periods with this. Maybe have a memory that has Greek mythology in it while another with medieval creatures.

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
Is it bad that I only want this to be procedural, co-op Dark Souls?

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
It does seem a lot like Dark Souls. The music kicks ass and the set up does look interesting...but why is this an online game? The concept seems very single player. Maybe that's my inner Dark Souls fan talking.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
teh_Canape said:
Abomination said:
from what I gathered after watching a couple trailers, I'd say it's more King's Field
You DO realize that King's Field was the inspiring factor for Demon's Souls, right? So yeah, both seem to be spot on.
Eh, I need more context to even consider this game but its an MMO? Dammit Capcom, just GIVE US A DRAGON'S DOGMA MMO!

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
otakon17 said:
teh_Canape said:
Abomination said:
from what I gathered after watching a couple trailers, I'd say it's more King's Field
You DO realize that King's Field was the inspiring factor for Demon's Souls, right? So yeah, both seem to be spot on.
yes, I am aware, but Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are not first person dungeon crawlers =P