New Era Twins

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
AzureFlameLord said:
SweetShark said:
chozo_hybrid said:
SweetShark said:
If you watch closly to between Old Raiden's legs, you can actually see the line of his vagina.
I had to look again after I saw your comment, now I'm wondering if that was intentional...
We can always ask the artist.
But I love to ask this question to my imagination:

Me: So, the old Raiden have a vagina, eh?
Imagination: Yep, and this is the plot twist that Kojima never tell inside his game.
Me: How so?
Imagination: Well, you can see clearly already that because I said that, the next logical conclusion is her wife actually have the penis.
Me: Indeed, we think the same. But what is your point?
Imagination: Why do you think the new Raiden have white sticky liquids inside his whole body as "blood"?
Me.............................I hate you imagination.
Imagination: I hate you too.
Me: Angry Sex time?
Imagination: Angry Sex time.
*French kiss my cat near me, while the cat wearing a mask of my sexy face.*
Now THAT is a love story that I would support seeing turned into a hit book series and eventual saga of films.

[Alternate Comment: Infinitely better love story than Twilight.]
Funny for saying that, because in reality I don't have a cat.
The cat was just part of my Imagination........oh SH*T!!!

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
NinjaDeathSlap said:
I am now imagining a sitcom where classic video game protagonists live alongside their reinvented current generation versions.

Shenanigans will most certainly ensue.

Hi-larious!

SteewpidZombie

Dec 31, 2010
(This is all my opinion)

All the reboots suck (Except Lara Croft). Due to taking away the characters most unique and defining characteristics that made them so well liked in the first place. Dante was a great character BECAUSE of his over-the-top appearance and crude humor towards serious situations (also being able to mock horrifying demons was a plus). And Mr.Cyber Ninja from MetalGearSolid was AWESOME because of the fact that no matter how many wounds or horrific injuries he received he would always survive and return as a more haggard badass.

However on the subject of Lara Croft, it actually serves to improve and define her character more. It gives her a more real-world and relate-able look/personality that makes her MORE than simply a sex-symbol. Because it seems that the people in charge of re-booting her character totally understood that YES she is more then tits-on-legs, and that YES she can be a badass without simply being able to backflip/unleash a bullet riddling hell onto anything that moves.

Re-boots need to understand that it's particular aspects that make us love a series. And that simply making everything more GRITTY won't make us buy the games or watch the movies. It only worked with Batman BECAUSE he was a dark and brooding character, and a dark/brooding character just seems out of place in most places UNLESS it's dark and gritty.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Hans Maulwurf said:
Am I the only one who just doesn't cares about either of them?
No, to be honest despite being incredibly vocal on the subjct and even getting a response from Grey, the bottom line is I'm not a Devil May Cry fan (though I've played it a bit). I just understand the issue and am against re-inventing existing characters as something differant, instead of simply coming up with new IPs.

My opinion (in short form compared to my usual essays):

If a franchise has enough interest to continue to exist, keep building on it like it is, don't make any fundemental changes, a Reboot is not nessicary. If at any point you think a reboot of anything is nessicary, stop, don't do it,
and then just go create a new IP instead.

My basic attitude is that the "new" Dante isn't Dante anymore by definition, it's an entirely differant character. Sort of like how Bayonetta got her own series. It would have been a disaster if they had say made Dante a girl, and said he always was a she in this reboot, claiming it wasn't something totally differant, Bayonetta (as is) is just a re-imagined "Devil May Cry" and nothing changed. That's more or less what they did with DMC, except it's not as obvious as a gender swap would have been, but it amounts to the same thing. New Dante is so differant from old Dante that it's not even recognizably the same character anymore except for people telling you "hey, it's Dante".

At any rate some reports I've read have said that DMC is failing, so we can always hope that this teaches people that think these kinds of reboots are a good idea a lesson if that's correct. Of course I doubt that will happen, the industry rarely learns anything. They are more likely to just cancel the series if the game flops too hard instead of profusely apologizing, declaring it a non-canon mistake, and creating a real Devil May Cry game for those that care.

AngelBlackChaos

Aug 3, 2010
Mr.Tea said:
erttheking said:
And is it me or is the new Lara going through a bit of A-cup angst?
She's too far from an A-cup to have any sort of complex about that.

(Unless you're referring to how Cory draws...)

...showed a friend that awesome picture, and she was like, "OMG, THEY ARE MAKING A HUNGER GAMES GAME!!!"

Anywho, that's definitely at least a B.

On topic....I think a small mini series of them interacting, is in order.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Best part about this punch-lineless strip is I get to put words into these characters for wacky sitcom shenanigans:

Donte: "@#$% YOU @#$% YOU @#$% YOU @#$% YOU!!!"
Dante: "Calm down kid, so what if people like me more then you, at least you sold some copies of your game... oh wait mine sold more... Burn."
Donte: ".......@#$% you..."
Raiden: "Poor Donte, if it makes you feel any better my game is 60fps... and white hair."
Lara: "Not to mention my character didn't get bad backlash from just the first trailer." "Heres hoping we don't get another Other M... oops too soon, sorry Donte."
Donte: "@#$% You."

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
No old sonic and new sonic or better yet classic erin vs new erin think of the possiblities.

Wesley Brannock

Sep 7, 2010
Now I get that this person is sick of reboots , comic book movies ( and games ) , prequels , and last but not least Sequels. I myself have a bad case of sequelitis from the lack of original content from the movie , music , and video game industries. But simply putting all the originals together with their reboot counterparts then saying.

Isn't funny. I agree with the point being made it just isn't a funny or a joke for that matter.

( I'm not going to reply to " Quotes " ).

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
This comic is missing puppet ALF and CGI ALF sticking their heads out the door and asking "Hey, I see you're busy, we'll come back later".

Wolfbane_Daoine

Mar 2, 2011
So where is Erin's fancy rat in all this chaos? Still off being a parent, or did you two simply forget to put him in this time? :p

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
erttheking said:
And is it me or is the new Lara going through a bit of A-cup angst?
Honestly, I vastly prefer new-Laura to old-Laura in terms of visual design. Much more practical, less fanservicey, and a chest that's actually possible in real life without copius amounts of scilicone.

Edit: Saw a few typos. Got them sorted now.

Frostbyte666

Nov 27, 2010
Xcell935 said:
Best part about this punch-lineless strip is I get to put words into these characters for wacky sitcom shenanigans:

Donte: "@#$% YOU @#$% YOU @#$% YOU @#$% YOU!!!"
Dante: "Calm down kid, so what if people like me more then you, at least you sold some copies of your game... oh wait mine sold more... Burn."
Donte: ".......@#$% you..."
Raiden: "Poor Donte, if it makes you feel any better my game is 60fps... and white hair."
Lara: "Not to mention my character didn't get bad backlash from just the first trailer." "Heres hoping we don't get another Other M... oops too soon, sorry Donte."
Donte: "@#$% You."
Heh thanks for giving me a good laugh.

Also yeah not getting the new dante mainly because I saw the early pictures of donte comparing him with Tameem Antoniades and thought yeah swine wants to do self insert (he thinks that hairstyles cool!?!), ninja theory being completely wrong over what's cool (swearing every other word isn't cool, it's immature) and being assholes to the existing fans.

Raiden I would say definitely got more likeable in MGS4, I still remember the dissapointment with MGS2 when I realised that I didn't get to keep playing Snake.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
NinjaDeathSlap said:
I am now imagining a sitcom where classic video game protagonists live alongside their reinvented current generation versions.

Shenanigans will most certainly ensue.
If I had money, I would shower it on you on the pretense that you make that sitcom.

wAriot

Jan 18, 2013
Frostbyte666 said:
Raiden I would say definitely got more likeable in MGS4, I still remember the dissapointment with MGS2 when I realised that I didn't get to keep playing Snake.
New Raiden won't be canon, afaIk. Also he sounds a LOT like a drug addict at least in the trailers (didn't play it). They are making all these new-old characters more "edgy", as much as I hate that word, because that is what sells, apparently (although DmC didn't sell so well).

GrimHeaper

Jun 1, 2010
rhodo said:
Raiden wasn't rebooted. Ever.

If Raiden was rebooted, then Solid Snake becoming Old Snake is a reboot too.

A reboot is a reimagining FROM SCRATCH. So I guess Lara doesn't fully apply to that either, since it's still Lara, only younger?

So we have two characters each with their young version, and one character vs a completely different character that was made from the same concept.
Raiden isn't a reboot.
Laura is, Donte is.
Though I think it's funny that even the newer versions of characters can rag on Donte.