New Fighter from Guilty Gear Creators Coming to Consoles

sanzo

Jan 21, 2009
BobisOnlyBob said:
Woe Is You said:
Well, it's not like all the guys in that game are girly looking, it's just that one specific fucked up case. But the whole cast is just LSD galore: the most normal of the bunch is a ladies man who throws cards at you.
As sanzo pointed out, he throws coins (and each coin hit increases his main Special attack's duration and number of strikes), but his instant kill throws a playing card at you. If it connects (and it's easy to block), you get turned into a giant stylised playing-card and then he slices you in two.

His love-interest/girlfriend/jailbait-non-committal is a half-Japanese girl in an orange pirate outfit who fights with an anchor and is capable of summoning dolphins and whales to attack you.

They recruit a half-human, mostly bioweapon monstrosity fanservice girl thing, to become a member of their airship pirate crew, while everyone else is either trying to stop the pirates, stop the bioweapons (Gears), or fucking about with time travel and Assassin Politics.

I LOVE GUILTY GEAR!

Also, BlazBlu (god that's a terrible name) looks pretty much like a shallow copy of GGX2 with Gonzo styling. Hopefully the combat is just as good, and the story independent and with its own redeeming qualities.
Oh, right. My mistake, I don't use Johnny that much. Dizzy or Jam all the way for me :D

I mean, come on, what's more awesome than a chef who kicks people's asses to get better at cooking?

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
Well they did make GG so I am willing to let it slide that they copied it. I think the only reason this is not a GG game is liscensing issues.

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
BobisOnlyBob said:
Woe Is You said:
Well, it's not like all the guys in that game are girly looking, it's just that one specific fucked up case. But the whole cast is just LSD galore: the most normal of the bunch is a ladies man who throws cards at you.
As sanzo pointed out, he throws coins (and each coin hit increases his main Special attack's duration and number of strikes), but his instant kill throws a playing card at you. If it connects (and it's easy to block), you get turned into a giant stylised playing-card and then he slices you in two.
I was going for coins but for whatever reason that came out as cards. You're right, of course.

And IKs have their use. Nice on dizzied opponents.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
It was all about Slayer. Slayer and Millia.

Slayer and Millia and Johnny.

....Slayer and Millia and Johnny and I-no.

Don't judge me.

Beowulf DW

Jul 12, 2008
I've never actually played Guilty Gear, but I've seen my friends play it, and it looked like a colorful (to say the least) and fun game.

Although, from just looking at the trailors and previews, the animations and backgrounds actually remind me more of the recent Castlevania games than Guilty Gear.