New Forums, New Attempt at Escapist Multiplayer Gaming

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
I often say I don't like Multiplayer games. I don't like playing people I don't know. It doesn't matter if I win or lose with them.

But I know you guys.

I have a switch, ps4, and I use steam. Because of somebody here, I just got back into DCUO on the switch. But it would be nice if we all could get into Tera or something or whatever. I'm all about Teamwork makes the dream work.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Oh yeah I remember that topic in the old forum. We never got to playing stuff together which blows.

Still up for fighting games as always. Mainly playing Granblue Versus, Revelator 2 and Uniclr on ps4. Also I have monster hunter iceborne which I need to get back to at some point so this could be a good opportunity, also Code Vein which I did beat but you can just redo stuff which is fun, and Doom Eternal which I put on hold and haven't touched online yet but I could try too. Also I am playing Shadowverse actively and it just got a new expansion so anyone up for that is always welcome.

I don't tend to play things which require teamwork with randoms online but if it's competitive then I'm all over it. It helps to have a diverse array of competition because that way you avoid forming bad habits that are less tailored to how the game works and more to how your regular rival plays the game.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
100% Orange Juice is a fun board game style video game and super cheap. It also has a Co-op mode that we could play. Dragon Marked For Death also came out fairly recently on Steam and it's a very fun side scrolling RPG game with different classes.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
I...err, got a ps4? Quite a few multiplayer games too over the years, apart from EA one's now they've for some reason made my account invalid and I can't seem to undo it no matter what I try, which means I'm locked out of all online content ever, and considering these are EA games, that's most of their content pretty much. So basically they've forced a boycott of their games outta me. Great job, EA!
But yeah, anything other than EA (not by choice) am game for.

Last edited:

Nick Calandra

Editor-in-Chief of The Escapist
Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
One thing I want to do in the very near future is a community game night with the forums users. Things are finally settling down here and I'm about to finish off my first year of being EIC here, so we'll probably do something fun towards the end of the month.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
I...err, got a ps4? Quite a few multiplayer games too over the years, apart from EA one's now they've for some reason made my account invalid and I can't seem to undo it no matter what I try, which means I'm locked out of all online content ever, and considering these are EA games, that's most of their content pretty much. So basically they've forced a boycott of their games outta me. Great job, EA!
But yeah, anything other than EA (not by choice) am game for.
Not played an EA sports game in 20 years almost but I dunno how that can end up happening. Did you cheat somehow? Sounds absurd you'd be locked out.

And yeah if you have any of the stuff I mentioned above I'd love to play ya. Not many folks into fighting games over here sadly.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Ok, so to try and avoid what happened with this thread on the old forums. What is anyone here willing to play that has been proposed? I have a Tera account though I haven't really done much with it, made a character and did a few missions but fell off of it soon after, I guess I could play that. I COULD play a fighting game but I'd probably just be everyone else's punching bag if you want that. My systems right now are PC and Switch, so unless the game suggested has crossplay, I can't participate in games on X-box and PS4.

Honestly I'd just like some kind of strategy based game over a reflexes one, something like Armello, or even The Escapists could be fun.

Chupathingy

CONTROL Agent
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Living in Australia means my timezones are often at odds with most people here, but I might be interested in a few games here and there on weekends. The one I'm most interested in trying is Blood Bowl 2, which I play casually.

100% Orange Juice is a fun board game style video game and super cheap. It also has a Co-op mode that we could play. Dragon Marked For Death also came out fairly recently on Steam and it's a very fun side scrolling RPG game with different classes.
I second Orange Juice. Cheap, easy to learn, relatively quick sessions, and lots of fun RNG goodness.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Not played an EA sports game in 20 years almost but I dunno how that can end up happening. Did you cheat somehow? Sounds absurd you'd be locked out.

And yeah if you have any of the stuff I mentioned above I'd love to play ya. Not many folks into fighting games over here sadly.
Cheat? Moi? Comment oses-tu...Je ne suis pas corrompu!
I got a theory, to do with main psn account email being changed, but after the third attempt to go through their automated help system, there looks to be some progress happening at last, which is still an improvement over microsoft. Might be able to test Battfront 2 and NFS heat multiplayer eventually then!