New game releases - Week of October 15, 2017

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
New game releases - Week of October 15, 2017

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1424/1424724.jpgAnother very solid week for the game industry as we march closer and closer to the coming holidays. A wide range this week with games for everyone. This includes some long running series like Gran Turismo, some super retro games like Rogue Trooper and the first Syberia game (Yeah, that wasn't a typo and I had to double check after I saw it), and what will certainly be nothing but the high brow and classy humor of South Park. The Fractured But Whole is a weird name but I suppose maybe they just like nonsense to get attention.

October 17th
Gran Turismo Sport (PS4)
South Park: The Fractured But Whole (PS4, PC, Xbox One)
Elex (PS4, PC, Xbox One)
Etrian Odyssey 5: Beyond the Myth (3DS)
Rogue Trooper Redux (PS4, PC, Xbox One)
WWE 2K18 (PS4, PC, Xbox One)
Axiom Verge: Multiverse Edition (Switch)
Megaton Rainfall (PS4, PSVR)
Dungeon 3 (PS4, Xbox One)

October 19th
Cities: Skylines - Green Cities (PC)
Life is Strange: Before the Storm - Episode Two (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

October 20th
Syberia (Switch)
Fire Emblem Warriors (New 3DS, Switch) (EU)

Anyway, these games will all be available for your buying pleasure. You may also discuss them in the comments section and maybe one of you can tell me what a Fractured But Whole is.

Wait... Fractured... But... Whole... Ooooooooooooooooooh! I get it now! Tee hee!!!

EDIT: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition (PC) has been delayed [https://www.ageofempires.com/news/age-empires-de-release-update/]

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Here's the bit where I tell you that if you haven't played Axiom Verge yet, you totally should. With the Switch release it's now available on PS4, PSVita, PC, mac, Linux, Xbox One, Wii U and Switch so there's definitely no excuse not to play it! Absolutely one of the best Metroid-likes from the last few years.

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
Ah, Rogue Trooper Redux. Now that's a game I can heartily support the purchase of.

However, as I already have the original 2006 release(Wait, it was '06 when that came out? Would have sworn it was an '04 or '05 release...), I'll be sticking with that. Unless someone here can convince me that it's more than just a graphics upgrade.
EscapeGoat said:
Absolutely one of the best Metroid-likes from the last few years.
And what if I'm not the type for Metroid? What then?

Granfaloon

Apr 25, 2013
Age of Empires: Definitive Edition has been delayed until next year.

https://www.ageofempires.com/news/age-empires-de-release-update/

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Granfaloon said:
Age of Empires: Definitive Edition has been delayed until next year.

https://www.ageofempires.com/news/age-empires-de-release-update/
SON OF A BISCUIT!!!

I wrote this thingy on the 13th so everything said that date :(

I'm not certain but I'm pretty sure the game industry is now colluding against me.

I wonder if I can fix that. I've learned a bit more on how the posting system works so maybe I can take it off now...

EDIT: Fixed, thank you for the heads-up

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
American Tanker said:
EscapeGoat said:
Absolutely one of the best Metroid-likes from the last few years.
And what if I'm not the type for Metroid? What then?
Then you might not like it. Unless you try it and it exceeds your expectations of the genre, in which case you might like it.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Can't say any of these scream 'must buy' for me, shame rentals are dead...

DeadProxy

Sep 15, 2010
I still dont understand how Rogue Trooper is getting a re-release, or whatever it was. That game was garbage, and I should know, I beat the original. Also super lazy in it's writing, by naming secondary characters after pieces of equipment that they will be used as. Like when Pac dies and you insert his brain chip into your backpack, or gunner going into your gun, or whatever lazy shit they had. Also, I used a bunch of cheats to play the game cause it was so bland and boring and then the final boss was some kind of horrible nightmare that I as a little baby child was convinced was impossible without unlimited health.

But enough of that garbage, we got South Park to dive into.

Naldan

You Are Interested. Certainly.
Feb 25, 2015
Too many insubstantial Cities:Skylines DLCs. They keep on ignoring the people who want some futuristic cyber stuff a la Blade Runner (1982). I still don't own Snowfall and disaster thing. Except for trams and two helicopters, I couldn't care less. Now we get literally the hipster expansion. Wouldn't be so bad if every expansion wouldn't make the cities look like a toyset already.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
So I've been wondering about Elex recently. I've barely seen anyone talking about it and all I really know is that its from the same people who made the Risen (meh-okay game series) and Gothic (terrible apparently) games. The trailers don't really give me much of an impression of what to expect and the fact that the last game that they made wasn't received that well makes me wonder. I'll probably just end up getting Wolfenstein instead anyway.

On a side note, Overgrowth apparently has finally released as a complete game. I swear it's been in development since 2005 when I first saw it being made available for pre-order from a Moddb page. 0.0

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
South Park, Etrian Odyssey and Fire Emblem.

Man does 2017 hate my bank account.

DarthCoercis

May 28, 2016
Nile McMorrow said:
So I've been wondering about Elex recently.
I bought it this arvo and have put in a couple of hours. I'm having fun with it so far, it's got an interesting world and the gameplay mechanics are fairly solid, especially when compared to the dev's previous games. I haven't encountered any major bugs yet, though I did have one ctd when I tried to skip the intro cinematic the first time.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
squid5580 said:
tippy2k2 said:
squid5580 said:
Why isn't Dungeons 3 console edition ever mentioned anywhere?
It came out last week according to The Google.
It did on the PC. The Xbone and Ps4 versions were released on the 17th.
Oooooooh.

I see that now that I specify. I shall add it post-haste. Thank you for the tip.