New game releases - Week of October 22, 2017

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
New game releases - Week of October 22, 2017

Sometimes games can feel like living in a retirement community. All we do is find ourselves looking backward to the "good old days," ready to relive parts of our youth we loved. For most, this is simple escapism to memory, but for videogames it's a tale told in sequels. And there are a lot of sequels here. Some of these franchises are older than many members of this forum. In fact, I would wager that the vast majority of The Escapist's users are younger than Wolfenstein (1981) and Super Mario (1985)... So get off my lawn, I'm heading to Denny's for the Early Bird Special for my 3pm dinner and then playing Wolfenstein 3D again, but in actual 3D this time.

[HEADING=3]October 24th[/HEADING]
Destiny 2 (PC)
The Mummy Demastered (PS4, PC, Xbox One, Switch)
Road Rage (PS4, PC, Xbox One)
Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon (PS4, PC, Switch)
Just Dance 2018 (PS4, PC, Xbox One)
Hidden Agenda (PS4) (You forgot this one - Ghost Ed)

[HEADING=3]October 27th[/HEADING]
Assassin's Creed: Origins (PS4, PC, Xbox One)
Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus (PS4, PC, Xbox One)

Anyway, once you're done sobbing about being so damn old (or get off my damn lawn you young whippersnapper, pending your age), feel free to comment about which game you are excited for.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Actually, I'm exactly as old as Super Mario. ,)
And yes, I'm riding those sweet sweet memories until the glory days of '95 to '05 comes again.
(you are going to have one really well-mowed lawn when I'm done!)
Call me nostalgic all you like. ^^

Once again, kudos for making these lists. Sadly, none of them tickles my fancy still.
PC Missing out Race signing off. :(

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I'm super excited for Wolfenstein 2.

I really enjoyed their reboot and I'm curious to see what they do with the sequel. It has me a little worried with this "alternate timeline" thing that I keep seeing but I also fully admit I have done no real research into the game as I'm likely buying it no matter what and I have such a stickler for going in as blind as possible that once I've decided, I look at a few numbers for the reviews to make sure it's not a turd sandwich and then get it.

Borty The Bort

Jul 23, 2016
Wow, I forgot Just Dance was a thing. Used to be a blast on the Wii at Christmas and New Year's time. I sorta miss it, but not really considering the fact that I broke my foot with the bloody thing...

Gutsripper

Aug 23, 2010
I thought "The Mummy Demastered" was a typo for Remastered so I looked it up.
That game actually looks kinda fun... looks a ton better than the movie it's based on anyway.

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Tippy stop going to Denny's you're better than that.

OT: One day I'll see ghost of a tale in here......*Sigh*

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I generally don't get new games when they come out, but I am pretty tempted by the new Wolfenstein. I quite enjoyed new order and lately I'm in a nazi killin' mood. But... I still need to beat divinity 2 before I get into anything big.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Dr.Susse said:

How dare you besmearch the great name of Denny's!

They've got...uh.......well their *mumbles *mumbles *mumbles is really good

Feb 7, 2016
Destiny who? OH RIGHT, that game that console players have been bitching about for a couple months now, and probably has resulted in many cautious PC gamers to just forget about the whole thing.

Wolfenstein 2 though? Ooh, man, I can't wait to get my hands on that game.

ima420r

Aug 14, 2008
tippy2k2 said:
Dr.Susse said:

How dare you besmearch the great name of Denny's!

They've got...uh.......well their *mumbles *mumbles *mumbles is really good
Home of the Grand Slam Breakfast, and you can't beat their Bacon Maple Sundae!

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
ima420r said:
Bacon Maple Sunday is one of those things that sounds so wrong but feels so right...

...I just made it creepy, didn't I?

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Yes. Yes you did.

I hope the new AC is good, but given the series trend of 'one solid game followed by several mediocre ones', I'll end up waiting till it hits the 20USD price point...or a 'GOTY' version.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Looking forward to the new Wolfenstein, but I wont be getting that until early next year unfortunately.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Hidden Agenda looks pretty good. It's hardly been advertised though which is weird because Until Dawn did quite well I thought.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Bat Vader said:
Hidden Agenda looks pretty good. It's hardly been advertised though which is weird because Until Dawn did quite well I thought.
I haven't played Until Dawn (I don't have a PS4 but it's one of the first games I will get when I get it).

I've never heard of Hidden Agenda (to the point where someone had to edit it in it looks like cause I didn't see that anywhere in my research...maybe I need new souces cause I swear every week I'm missing one :D) but you have piqued my interest now. When I get a PS4, I may have to look into it.

ima420r

Aug 14, 2008
tippy2k2 said:
ima420r said:
Bacon Maple Sunday is one of those things that sounds so wrong but feels so right...

...I just made it creepy, didn't I?
No, you made it just right. ;)

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Less interesting than this week 10/27. I'm holding off for now: I'm thinking they'll look that much better on the Xbox One X. (Assassin's Creed Origins)

About a week to go.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Been playing a lot of Destiny 2 this week (I got it for "free" with my 1080TI), and I have been having a lot of fun with it.

I do find the leveling to be weirdly fast, though. Coming from MMOs like WoW, getting to the level cap generally takes a little longer than it did here. Currently, I am at a Power Level of 267, which means that I am already being able to hit the nightfall strikes, and probably the Raid when that drops. Awfully quick, IMO. Still a lot to do, though.

--

Otherwise, I'm looking at AC: Origins quite closely. On one hand, I have been a fan of the AC games for a while, and this looks a lot more Witcher 3-esque (which is great in my opinion), but on the other had, Im getting pretty tired of open world games.

I'll maybe grab it on sale at some point.

--

Wolf 2 looks fun, and I enjoyed the first one. Im pretty tight on cash, so I'll probably grab it later on down the line, but I am hearing reports that the game is only around 6 hours long? To me, thats not really a bad thing - as I have a job, and all - but for a singleplayer-only game, for full retail price, with a campaign that short? Seems a little weird to me.

senaji

Sep 28, 2014
I'm not especially fan of Mario, but honestly Super Mario Odyssey is an excellent Mario 3d, a game with ingenious, creative gameplay that brings a lot of novelty in gameplay. Congratulations Nintendo, after an unforgettable Zelda, a Mario that we will not forget.