New Hearthstone Expansion - Mean Streets of Gadgetzan - Announced

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
New Hearthstone Expansion - Mean Streets of Gadgetzan - Announced

Mean Streets of Gadgetzan introduces "multi-class cards" - neutral cards that can only be used by some classes.

Lots of big Blizzard news came out of BlizzCon 2016 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/blizzcon%202016?os=blizzcon+2016]'s opening ceremony, and Hearthstone was no exception, as the game's next expansion pack: Mean Streets of Gadgetzan, was officially revealed. The expansion launches in early December, will contain 132 new cards, and will introduce "multi-class cards" - neutral cards that can only be used by a few classes.

Blizzard has so far revealed 31 cards from the expansion. Check them out below:

[gallery=6605]

If you're looking at Kazakus [http://www.hearthpwn.com/cards/49622-kazakus] and wondering how the heck he works, Blizzard has released a video showing his special effect in action. He appears to be the new "Reno Jackson" card from decks made up of only 1 of each card.

Pretty neat huh? As for the whole "multi-class cards", each class will fall into one of three families:

Grimy Goons: Hunter, Paladin, Warrior
The Kabal: Mage, Priest, Warlock
Jade Lotus: Druid, Rogue, Shaman

Some of those neutral cards are exclusive to the classes in the "family". Kazakus, for example, is a Kabal exclusive card, and can only be used in Priest, Warlock and Mage decks.

You can go ahead an official website [https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/hearthstone-mean-streets] for more info.

Click here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/blizzcon%202016?os=blizzcon+2016] to check out all of our coverage from BlizzCon 2016!

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
Just going to copy and paste this from the other thread:

Okay let's look at the card so far.

Druid

Kun the Forgotten King: Very interesting idea but tempo is the King of this game right now so I don't know if you can still win the game by turn 10 Even with Druid but probably pretty good for arena.

Lunar Visions: Should be really good for big minions

Pilfered Power:...I feel like blizzard is trying to kill aggro decks with a nuke at this point, Which I totally approve of. Seriously this is kind of ridiculous. Especially since it's kind of easy for him to pile up small minions at the beginning.

Mark of the Lotus: Look another OP card, I mean holy shit blizzard calmed down Druid wasn't that weak

Hunter

Piranha launcher: Unless they are releasing a card to synergize well with, this weapon is pure garbage.

Mage

Manic Soulcaster: So you put down a Spider Mech and get a copy of another card, That's pretty good.

Paladin

Wickerflame Burnbristle: Looks like a pretty interesting card but I'm not sure if it would fit in the meta, especially since Paladin has all the heals in the universe

Small-Time Recruits: Seems boring but practical, especially for shield Paladin

Meanstreet Marshal: I can't see this card being played that much, It seems like too much work to get one card.

Getaway Kodo: oh good Secret paladins coming back isn't it? I'm just going to go cry in the corner now.

Priest

Dragonfire Potion:...So I think blizzard listen to us about priest.

Drakonid Operative: Considering that Dragon priest was just made a thing again, I can see this being played, Especially since it has really good stats.

Pint-Size Potion: I like To call this card the "fuck you aggro decks", Not sure it will be enough but it's the thought that counts.

Kabal Talonpriest: The priest card we've been asking for, seriously priest needed a Good three drop.

Potion of Madness: I can see this card being decent especially mixed with pint-size potion

Rogue

Lotus Assassin: They just want to straight up murder Agro decks, don't they? but all seriousness this looks like a pretty good card.

Counterfeit Coin: Looks really good especially for combo decks.

Warrior

I know a Guy: An okay card for the most part, I think I'll do well in arena

Multiclass

Lotus Agents: Decent ability, absolute garbage stat line

Grimestreet Informant: A okay stat line and an extra card is pretty sweet.

Kazakus: It seems absolutely awesome but sadly very impractical But hey Reno look like that and that change the meta.

Kabal Courier: Same as the other two, okay ability but weak Stat line.

neutral

Finja, the Flying Star: So an auto-included In every murloc deck then...

Patches the Pirate: Seems like a pretty good card but it depends if Pirate finally becomes a thing

Wind-up Burglebot: Too much mana and to weak to see any play.

Fel Orc Soulfiend: meh is all I can say about this card

Big-Time Racketeer: Interesting card but I'm not sure it really fits.

Second-Rate Bruiser: There trying to destroy Agro deck's very soul so they can never come back again aren't they? once again I 100% approve

Kooky Chemist: Considering that his smaller brother doesn't see play I don't think he will either.

Friendly Bartender: A decent effect and a decent stat line, good for arena and constructive

Mistress of Mixtures: aka The new zombie chow.

Overall these cards a really sweet and I'm excited for this expansion.

MoltenSilver

Feb 21, 2013
Fingers crossed that Priest gets stronger without reaching Shaman levels of ridiculous, and hopefully in a way that boosts its anti-aggro power rather than its anti-control power. I shudder at the thought of every game being a Shadow Madness (and its new little sister)/Cabal Shadow Priest/Mind Control-defined mess of 'you lose if you do anything other than pass'.

Then again, I suppose even that would be an improvement over the utter domination Tempo has on the game at the moment.

Pirate Of PC Master race

Rambles about half of the time
Jun 14, 2013
Pint-Size Potion seems pretty damn good so far. This might just be enough to push priests into playable range.

It is either:
+ Cabal shwdow priest = Control 5 attack minion.
+ bookworm (also dragon) = Kills 6 attack minion, summon dragon.
+ potion of madness = control 4 attack minion this turn only.
+ Shadow Word: Horror = ?

Although priest have shit cards for low mana. So this all remains to be seen.