New Injustice: Gods Among Us Trailer is All About Story

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Say what you want about the ressurection of Mortal Kombat, but I think that Nether Realms did a good job in actually making a cohesive story out of that jumbled mess. Was it fantastic? No. But considering the fact that the series only had a very loose at best connecting story, I actually rather enjoyed what NR did with the game. I'd imagine this game's story mode will be similar, in that you don't pick your combatant and work your way up a ladder of matches, but rather play through the story, switching to different fighters as the story progresses. Essentially the same thing Team Ninja did with DoA5 (another game that I thought did very well in making a cohesive story considering the series prior to it had only a loosely connected story).

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if more and more fighting games start taking that approach for the singleplayer/"story" campaign. Instead of the traditional ladder-climb single player, we'll start seeing more and more games that give a linear story in which you bounce from one fighter to the next, getting a taste for each one.

As a person who considers "story" to be one of the more important factors when judging a game, I for one actually enjoy this tweak to the standard fighting game format.

Edit: P.S. As far as collector edition items go, I gotta say I like the look of that Wonder Woman vs Batman statue. :p