New Jurassic World Trailer Breaks Out The Big Dinos

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
New Jurassic World Trailer Breaks Out The Big Dinos

Jurassic World's new trailer gives us a clearer idea of what to expect: Rise of the Planet of Dinosaurs.

There was a lot to be excited about in <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138789-First-Trailer-For-Jurassic-World-Teases-Hybrid-Dinosaur-Raptor-Good-Guys>the last Jurassic World trailer - like a functional dinosaur-theme park, genetic experiments, and Velociraptors teaming up with Chris Pratt. But the one thing it didn't show was <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/9929-Feathered-Dinosaurs-Arent-Cool>the new breed of dinosaur that threatens unsuspecting tourists - and it's not just enormous, it's intelligent to boot.

Guess what this trailer is about?

While still unnamed here, the video acts as an introduction to Jurassic World's new dinosaur - a genetic hybrid specifically designed to increase attendance to the park. Unfortunately, this new breed doesn't behave in a way the park's scientists predicted - it escapes its enclosure, tears out its tracking chip, and begins hunting the park's largest herbivores solely for sport. But the real threat arrives when it learns how to communicate with the other dinosaurs, organizing a mass breakout in the middle of its busy season. In short, imagine Rise of the Planet of the Apes with dinosaurs instead of apes, and you'll have a good idea what this trailer looks like.

Along the way, we also see Chris Pratt safely put himself in the path of Velociraptors, stating that humans must form relationships with dinosaurs instead of controlling them. (An interesting counter-point to John Hammond's philosophy in the original movie.) At the same time, we also get great shots of other creatures at the park, and possible hints that the dinosaurs are fighting each other to take control. I don't just mean the Velociraptors - I mean pterodactyls versus that one from the massive whale tank.

If all that interests you in any way - and by God I'd be concerned if it didn't - you can watch Jurassic World in theaters on June 12, 2015.

Tahaneira

Social Justice Rogue
Feb 1, 2011
So, essentially, this will probably be a movie I will enjoy immensely provided I turn off my brain beforehand to avoid thinking about how utterly ridiculous it is.

This is helpful. Now I know what frame if mind I need to be in before watching it.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Looks like Turok needs to kill the hybrid.

Seems like the trailer showed us the whole dame movie though.

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
Zontar said:
Looks like Turok needs to kill the hybrid.

Seems like the trailer showed us the whole dame movie though.
To be fair, it's a Jurassic Park franchise movie, you can probably guess the basic gist of the plot after thirty years anyways. This just threw in a bit more "modern" and hip sci-fi with furthering the genetic modification angle that was sorta just glossed over the first movie..

K.ur

Jul 31, 2013
Seems she's one clever girl.

(Yes. I do have the feeling, they took that line and made it a full movie)

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Fanghawk said:
If all that interests you in any way - and by God I'd be concerned if it didn't - you can watch Jurassic World in theaters on June 12, 2015.
Well you'd better prepare yourself for concernation, because...

Cos...

Gahhh I can't pretend anymore! I just can't! It's channelling through all my childhood joys, the crafty buggers. I want it all. Right now! Oh I do not deserve such dinormous entertainment. Maybe a month in the torture chamber will remove enough guilt to be able to gourge upon this extravagent feast.

Ok, a little niggle. The CGI is not as convincing as robosaurs.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
K.ur said:
Seems she's one clever girl.

(Yes. I do have the feeling, they took that line and made it a full movie)
Well, if this is what they came up with, I think they did a good job. This movie looks like it's going the be the perfect summer movie. I'm on board.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Now THIS is a trailer I can get behind.

I'm officially on board the Hype Express and it's not slowing down! :D

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Charcharo said:
Nothing even a moronic half-dead human military force or a semi-decent park security force cant completely and UTTERLY destroy. Without problems. In hours. Maybe without even a single loss.

Just animals. Nothing more...

No one idiot would use such incredible genetical tech on simple animals.

The movie simply breaks my suspension of disbelief. Simple as.
A genetically engineered dinosaur is what breaks your suspension of disbelief in a series about cloning dinosaurs and having them run wild eating people? Really?

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
I don't know. Each new trailer of this movie pours more lame sauce on my heaping mound of Narm [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Narm] mashed potatoes. If it doesn't retcon JP 3's intelligent raptors out of canon, the suits making a new park (with independent 2 patron, plastic bubble safari vehicles and genetically engineered intelligent super predators) are total idiots. If they only follow the first two, or even just the original, my suspension of disbelief is still utterly destroyed by the super dino's reason for existing. [footnote]At least the smart shark movie, with Samuel L. Jackson, had the excuse of using the dangerous specimens for medical reasons, not entertainment.[/footnote] If 3 wasn't where this franchise jumped the shark, this one will likely have a ski ramp set up for Chris Pratt and his raptor squad.

The only way I'd pay $12 to see this is if I hear that Samus Aran drops out of the sky in the middle of the 2nd act and says this to Pratt: "Need some help? I've dealt with plenty out of control genetic monstrosities before."

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Tahaneira said:
So, essentially, this will probably be a movie I will enjoy immensely provided I turn off my brain beforehand to avoid thinking about how utterly ridiculous it is.
That's exactly what it looks like.

All I can hear in my head whenever Jurassic World comes up is the scientist from Timesplitters 3.
You want crazy? I'LL GIVE YOU CRAZY Woopwoopwoopwoop!

I'm quite pleased they're going down that route instead of sticking with the more serious tone of the original, that movie's already been made and I can't see a sequel ever improving on it, so why not just go balls to the wall instead? Worked for Aliens after all.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Tahaneira said:
I'm pretty sure that's a safe bet considering we're talking about a movie where a guy has been accepted by a pack of raptors and hunts with them by riding a motorcycle.

Hairless Mammoth said:
If it doesn't retcon JP 3's intelligent raptors out of canon, the suits making a new park (with independent 2 patron, plastic bubble safari vehicles and genetically engineered intelligent super predators) are total idiots.
I could very easily be wrong, but I thought I heard somewhere when this was first getting announced that it was going to be a reboot/reimagining of the series.

Winthrop

Apr 7, 2010
Is that a raptor killing a human at around the 2 minute mark? Might be Chris Pratt and the merry band of raptors finishes up kind of quick and they go back to what we think of when we think of raptors.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
The music that started at 0:26 had me thinking they were going with some kind of Hans Zimmer style Chicken Dance.

Overall, I found this to be fairly lame and I'm not sure I like the direction this movie is going in. Maybe it'll surprise me though.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Michael Bay, what are you doing in my Jurassic Park movie?

Seriously, all that military hardware and weaponry, good lord. This trailer actually sort of turned me off a little, sadly.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
> Genetically engineered dinosaur goes on a rampage in a theme park filled with dinosaurs.
- Ridiculous! Absurd! I can't suspend my disbelief! This is stupid and impossible! I don't want to see it!

> Random collection of people with super powers and skin-tight clothing fights monsters from space.
- Awesome! Cool! This is so amazing! I can't wait to see it!

I really don't get this fucking community sometimes.

Regardless, this movie looks absurdly fun. I'm anxious to see it, even if most of it's premise is dumb.

At worst, it'll be a nostalgia trip. At best, it'll be fun ride. So I'm golden either way.