New Layout

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
WHOA I didn't expect this!

What's your thoughts on it? I sort of like the aesthetic to it, but I was very comfortable with the old one. Change scares me! I notice we also gained a 5th badge slot.

I do like the prominence of the user name though, and I like that all the user operations are on the singular bar identifying the post. It's a logical layout, IMO.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
It just.... happened. I'm not sure what to think,
it kind of hurts my eyes, but I guess I'll get used to it.

Overusedname

Emcee: the videogame video guy
Jun 26, 2012
It's gorgeous yo. And we get to equip more TF2 Hat-I MEAN...badges.

I do like the prominent name, yes.

Euphbug

Mar 31, 2009
Not sure if I like the new look of the post boxes, kinda to rigid (best way I could describe it atm). Still, not the worst redesign I have seen for a site by far, and in a short amount of time I will be use to it.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
I don't really see why the old layout needed to be changed, but whatever. As long as it's no less than a lateral move, I'm fine.

OctalLord

May 20, 2010
I like it, I don't have the capability to compare and contrast it with the last. But this is pretty cool.

I'm just glad we had a site update that didn't come with incredible instant backlash/The site breaking for an extended amount of time.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Dunks Clearing The Eye [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Clearing+the+Eye] into water and applies rigorously*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Not sure what I think of it, but jesus christ Escapist, can you at least keep a layout for half a year?

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
Jeez, guys, I go away for five minutes and this is what happens?

I'm scared. D:

But yay a fifth badge slot. :D

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
So much grey. I am kinda meh about all the grey.

Captcha:braaains!
WHAT HAS THE NEW LAYOUT DONE TO THE CAPTCHA!?! WHAT WILL THE CAPTCHA DO TO US!?!

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
I DON'T LIKE CHANGE.
AAAAAAAAA.
OT: Agree with the name thing, it seems too... big.
*Cough* That'swhatshesaid *Cough*
I'm sure we'll get used to it and then complain when it changes to something new.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Revnak said:
So much grey. I am kinda meh about all the grey.

Captcha:braaains!
WHAT HAS THE NEW LAYOUT DONE TO THE CAPTCHA!?! WHAT WILL THE CAPTCHA DO TO US!?!
Yeah, I kind of liked the blue. It made me feel colourful.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
At first I was thinking eh, small change. Then I clicked a thread. Whoah suddenly the text is bigger!

Looks like they made the font/size settings apply to the forums as well as the "news" articles. Hmmm.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Changing the website is one thing but the forum itself is another. This will take time getting used to (I think).

Jack Rascal

May 16, 2011
OctalLord said:
I like it, I don't have the capability to compare and contrast it with the last. But this is pretty cool.
Does a print screen help?

It was a bit of a shock but it's all right. It will take some time to get used to though.