New League of Legends Cinematic Twists Fate

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Well I LOVE TF so this trailer is already awesome enough. He never used Destiny though. That's a missed chance for some added awesome. Dunkey's fucking redub is great.

"I got the Yellow Card! YAAAAAA- Annnnd Flash"

As a TF main, I know that feel bro...

Why the HELL is Garen so badass in that trailer? He looks so crap in-game! Riot, visual overhaul pls! Make THAT Garen the REAL Garen!

Also report Annie, Tibbers was so badly missed it's not even funny.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I wish they would make more CGI trailers such as this one. It was awesome.

Kata as always looking smoking hot.

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
While it was a nice video, I don't agree with OP that Blizzard makes the best cinematics.

That honor is held by Square Enix, notably the Final Fantasy series.

irishda

Dec 16, 2010
Not bad looking. They moved way too fast though. I had to check to make sure Youtube hadn't implemented a fast forward feature. I get they're supposed to be fast super warriors, but still, even Jet Li slows down his moves on camera so people can see what he's doing.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Never really been interested in LoL, but this almost makes me want to start playing.

It's a long way from being the "best cinematic" by any means though.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
ciasteczkowyp said:
That was a very nice cinematic. Sadly league of legends community is toxic to the core.
The term "league of legends community" is rather pointless. There is no league of legends community. When you're talking about a "community" with more concurrent users than Steam, it stops being a community, it's rather all-inclusive. It's like saying "the youtube community", there is no such thing. Are people dumb? In general, and in large enough numbers, yes. That's hardly the game's fault though.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Kinda makes me want to play again but if it is anything like before they'll probably still favor Auto-Attack champs.

loa said:
Also where is teemo I was waiting to see his face get smashed in all along what is this
He was hiding in a bush.

Trinab

Feb 1, 2013
Watching objectively and as someone that has not played the game, I found it hard to figure out what any of it was about. I saw a rapidly changing set of scenes where people I do not really know about fighting each other for no specified reason.

In terms of beating Blizzard at cinematics, I would say it fails because it does not convey the story in a way that is easy to understand, and the music that accompanies it is a bit too... generic and spastic with no coherent theme. I'm not saying it's bad, but not quite up to Blizzard's standards.

I can, however, see the appeal to current players of the game, especially if from what I read from forum comments suggested, they know the characters being shown, and thus have a reason to be excited at seeing them animated so fluidly.

eltonborges

Apr 25, 2008
I do loved the short movie, and I hope it doesn't end there, but it was a bit weird, and had the same strange problem that almost every cutscecene have: That is completely different from enything you see in a game play. Really, it's another thing! That is not LoL! But maybe, Riot will try to do an action or RPG based in the same universe in the future, and then, it will be like that. Well, in fact, LoL could even be a fighter and it would work out well. BUT, if you never played LoL, don't trust the cinematic, because the game is fun, but no like that.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
So Blizzard ain't the only one that's good at cinematic, sure the trailer is nice and just like Blizzard, it shows nothing relating to the gameplay. Either way it still doesn't want me to play the game given to the reputation is has.
What I don't get is why they had shifted from the one vs one to one vs one plus one and another and etc at the last half?

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Snowblindblitz said:
Anyone besides me all like "Spellshield Nocturne."

Seriously, Nocturne doesn't lose to Ryze....I mean...come on.
Yeah, that Nocturne was a scrub. He ulted, but then used his time to close the gap to taunt Ryze instead! Then he didn't use his fear tether or spellshield! What is this, a Bronze V show match?!

Also, dodge is back in the game?!

(This post is pure sarcasm, just to make that clear.)

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
Steven Bogos said:
So awesome that Riot may just snatch away Blizzard's "best videogame cinematics" title.
I disagree.

It's got high production values to be sure, but what makes blizzards cinematic so great is they're always about an epic event in the story. This on the other hand really doesn't have any story content. We don't see why they are fighting, we don't get to see if anyone wins, we don't really get to see anything other then fighting without purpose.

Though given that's exactly what MOBA's are about they're at least being true to their game I guess.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
Snowblindblitz said:
Anyone besides me all like "Spellshield Nocturne."

Seriously, Nocturne doesn't lose to Ryze....I mean...come on.
It got cut off early. The vid doesn't show that afterwards Nocturne rapidly starts autoattacking Ryze and lifesteals back to full since Ryze's spells are on cooldown