New Legendary Pokémon Herald Black & White Release in 2011

Obscure_Reference

Mar 9, 2010
It's been confirmed that both legendaries are Dragon-Type. Based on the appearance and colour scheme, they'll probably give Reshiram a secondary Psychic-Type, and Zekrom would be Dark-Type (in which case I'd pick and use Zekrom, since I never seem to have a good Dark-Type on my team in Pokemon games)

Sephychu

Dec 13, 2009
Holy fuck it's Lugia and Palkia! Again!

And I still want them. What is my major malfunction?

Jun 3, 2010
God, I just can't wait for them to run out of ideas for Pokemon now.
Because now the pokemon look like a cross between a Digimon and a Gundam.
Originality fail

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Marter said:
I don't like the look of either of them. This generation looks like a failure so far, artistically speaking.
They look too similar to me. My fears of the creativity draining away are beginning to get a bit more real.

Willis_D

May 27, 2009
I want Zekrom quite a lot. It looks quite badass, especially when compared to Reshiram.

Also, if Zekrom is the White mascot, and the wolf-chicken is the Black mascot, can we assume the inevitable Grey's mascot will be rainbow?

shedra

Sep 15, 2009
I think the original plan was to put the black one on the black cover and white on white. But the pokemon were hard to see and were switched.

I don't know what they'll do at this point. The only animal that I can think of them not having made into a pokemon is a silverback gorilla.
So I don't know what the hell they are going to do.
Not to mention, what can they make these legendaries? They have every natural element, time, space, life, death, nightmares, all human emotions, THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE, the spirit of the earth, the origin of all life and a Frankenstein monster (mewtwo).
I expect the two concepts to be covered to be Good and Evil. So what's pokemon Gray (or whatever #3 in this gen is) Gunna be?
I think this is the END of pokemon.

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
Man another game I have to get in Spring 2011. I'm going for the black pokemon, just because I'm angsty like that.

Bazaalmon

Apr 19, 2009
Now when I say that Black & White is an awesome game, people will be thinking that I'm talking about this crap.
I want to play GOD, not pokemon!

MR.ESPANIOL MAN

Jul 12, 2010
actually from my source serebii.net, it says reshiram will be dragon/fire and zerkrom will be dragon/electric

i think its pretty badass for them not to intruduce a light type, i was really looking forward to that

MR.ESPANIOL MAN

Jul 12, 2010
Georgie_Leech said:
At this point, we've already had the elements (twice), Night, Day, Nature (twice), Drought, Flood, Neutrality, Time, Space, Peace, Strife, Emotions, GOD...

My guess is that these two will repressent metaphysical concepts like good/evil, order/chaos, etc.

I CONCCUR, they're supposed to be yin&yang pokemon...yeah.

Aurora Firestorm

May 1, 2008
Wow, the author of this little snip isn't bitter about Pokemon's popularity at all.

But I agree with Alpha here: I don't like the recent trend of the legendaries looking less animal. The legendaries used to look like animals; even Mewtwo was reminiscent of a cat, and seemed at least biological in origin. We had three birds and two cats (Mew/Mewtwo); in Gold and Silver we had three cats (seriously, they're not dogs, they're a lion, a saber-toothed tiger, and a cheetah), two bird-like creatures (Houou, Lugia), and a leaf-thing (Celebi).

When you get to stuff like Dialga and Palkia, they start looking mechanical, or at least like some kind of Digimon creature thing. Digimon can look artificial because they are; Pokemon are supposed to be animals. Sure, they have magical powers, but they're supposed to look somewhat natural, with a couple of exceptions. These two things just make me think "Generic Dinosaur Digimon." Similar thoughts on the major legendaries after Gold/Silver. And don't get me started on how you can catch the God Pokemon. (Mewtwo is canonically the most powerful Pokemon anyway!)

Yeah. I was hoping that Black/White's new roster would go back to the "animals" trend on that part, but it looks like they want more Greymon lookalikes.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
Aurora Firestorm said:
Wow, the author of this little snip isn't bitter about Pokemon's popularity at all.

But I agree with Alpha here: I don't like the recent trend of the legendaries looking less animal. The legendaries used to look like animals; even Mewtwo was reminiscent of a cat, and seemed at least biological in origin. We had three birds and two cats (Mew/Mewtwo); in Gold and Silver we had three cats (seriously, they're not dogs, they're a lion, a saber-toothed tiger, and a cheetah), two bird-like creatures (Houou, Lugia), and a leaf-thing (Celebi).

When you get to stuff like Dialga and Palkia, they start looking mechanical, or at least like some kind of Digimon creature thing. Digimon can look artificial because they are; Pokemon are supposed to be animals. Sure, they have magical powers, but they're supposed to look somewhat natural, with a couple of exceptions. These two things just make me think "Generic Dinosaur Digimon." Similar thoughts on the major legendaries after Gold/Silver. And don't get me started on how you can catch the God Pokemon. (Mewtwo is canonically the most powerful Pokemon anyway!)

Yeah. I was hoping that Black/White's new roster would go back to the "animals" trend on that part, but it looks like they want more Greymon lookalikes.
The series is starting to take on more modern themes, with the new area being a lot more industrial than in previous games. The Pokemon reflect this, like the contruction, garbage and ice cream Pokemon. I think it's reasonable that they look a little more artificial.