New Lego Dimensions Expansion Packs Add Sonic, The Goonies, E.T., and More

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
New Lego Dimensions Expansion Packs Add Sonic, The Goonies, E.T., and More

16 new properties join forces in the upcoming expansion packs.

16 new properties are making their way to LEGO Dimensions, including Harry Potter, Sonic, The Goonies, Ghostbusters, and Beetlejuice, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games and The LEGO Group announced today.

According to the press release the packs will begin launching on September 30, starting with the Ghostbusters Story Pack, Adventure Time and Mission: Impossible Level Packs, Harry Potter and Adventure TimeTeam Packs, and The A-Team Fun Pack. Additional packs include Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, The LEGO Batman Movie, The Goonies, Sonic The Hedgehog, Teen Titans Go!, LEGO City Undercover, Knight Rider, The Powerpuff Girls, Gremlins, Beetlejuice and E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial will follow "in product waves stretching into summer of next year." No new starter pack is required, with all new packs intended to "simply enhance the LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack game and work with the existing LEGO Toy Pad."

"We've built upon the existing LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack to expand the gameplay possibilities with entirely new LEGO experiences that can't be found anywhere else," said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games. "We can now provide players with even more customization and mash-up opportunities, and all are compatible with the existing game and packs. Battle Arenas also introduce a fun new way for friends and family to join the action together and battle as favorite characters, which is an exciting innovation for LEGO videogames."

"LEGO Dimensions is a significant part of our LEGO videogames portfolio, and we are excited to offer fans many more iconic entertainment franchises combined with new, enhanced ways to play," said David Haddad, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. "TT Games continues to innovate and expand the game experience, which gives players breakthrough digital and physical gameplay with an amazing amount of world-class entertainment properties connected together."

[gallery=6272]

Micah Weil

Mar 16, 2009
I'm sorry...Goonies? A-Team? Gremlins? BEETLEJUICE?!
Is this a kids game?

Not that it matters, my wallet just told me where to stuff it...

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
I cringed when it turned out it was the new female ghost busters...

The movie isn't even out yet, couldn't they have just done a tie-in with the original...

Strayal

Aug 17, 2008
FogHornG36 said:
The movie isn't even out yet, couldn't they have just done a tie-in with the original...
The original set has been out for a while - it was one of the first ones put out.

Micah Weil

Mar 16, 2009
FogHornG36 said:

The Ghostbusters Level pack included a Venkman minifig (which could be turned into the other ghostbusters in game by holding down a button), the Ecto-1, and the ghost trap. The two expansions were Stay Puft with a Terror Dog and Slimer with a Slime cannon.

As for "the movie isn't even out yet", no, it's not. The new Ghostbuster packs also aren't slated for release on the 30th of September, as the article has stated, which means the movie will be out by then.

Roboshi

Jul 28, 2008
Micah Weil said:
FogHornG36 said:

The Ghostbusters Level pack included a Venkman minifig (which could be turned into the other ghostbusters in game by holding down a button), the Ecto-1, and the ghost trap. The two expansions were Stay Puft with a Terror Dog and Slimer with a Slime cannon.

As for "the movie isn't even out yet", no, it's not. The new Ghostbuster packs also aren't slated for release on the 30th of September, as the article has stated, which means the movie will be out by then.
Bit of a risk really. I mean it blew up in Disney's face when they had infinity models of their lone ranger movie. And if the Goonies was fair game then so should the 80s cast of ghostbusters

Micah Weil

Mar 16, 2009
Roboshi said:
And if the Goonies was fair game then so should the 80s cast of ghostbusters
Ex...cept that they already did the 80s cast. Did you not read my post?

Indy_no

Mar 30, 2010
I love that they keep releasing story packs, level packs, team pack and fun packs, all compatible with the original starter pack, instead of releasing them on a new LEGO Dimensions 2.0 (or whatever) like Disney did with Disney Infinity 2.0 (and 3.0)