New minecraft Enderman footage

Leviathan_

Jan 2, 2009
Mother of God.

Do they only spawn in the dark? Do they get burned by sunlight?

The way they work kinda reminds me of Librarians in Metro 2033

Varitel

Jan 22, 2011
This reminds me a lot of the Weeping Angels from Doctor Who. They are supposed to teleport to you and run at you at high speeds, so yeah this is probably fake. However, I thought it would be a lot more interesting if they did just teleport closer and closer only when you weren't looking. Of course, they would still have to be peaceful unless you looked straight at them to keep the difficulty down.

Romidude

Aug 3, 2010
imnotparanoid said:
Romidude said:
imnotparanoid said:
Fugitive Panda said:
Looks awfully staged/fake.
What makes it look fake?
There's a whole awkward feeling to the video, and the eyes are wrong. Also, the Minecraft Beta 1.8 is wrong, the t in beta is too high. Look at the in game one now.
Ah well even if it is fake, its basically how they will act ingame, so its pretty well done and makes an intresting watch :p
Actually they got the behaviour wrong, too. They're supposed to attack when they get close, they only attack when you look directly at them, they teleport infront of you. Ect

Ralphfromdk

Mar 26, 2009
Romidude said:
imnotparanoid said:
Fugitive Panda said:
What makes it look fake?
There's a whole awkward feeling to the video, and the eyes are wrong. Also, the Minecraft Beta 1.8 is wrong, the t in beta is too high. Look at the in game one now.
Look it up. It's in the works right now.

Notch himself has blogged about making this freaking nightmare.

And I can already tell you that I'm never playing outside peaceful, ever again <.<

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
I have every intent of creating a maze in the SMP server I play on, and placing those randomly within it. Oh there will be fun to be had.

Theron Julius

Nov 30, 2009
The only viable solution to this problem? BURN IT WHERE IT STANDS! Let the fires cleanse the lands of these aberrations! Give them a taste of the fires they'll be bathing in all too soon in whatever slice of hell is reserved for beings this terrifying.

qeinar

Jul 14, 2009
thing is, alone this mob is easy to kill since you walk up to it and bash it, but imagine putting in a creeper in the mix, you have to dodge the creeper while not looking away from this bastard.

Romidude

Aug 3, 2010
Ralphfromdk said:
Romidude said:
imnotparanoid said:
Fugitive Panda said:
What makes it look fake?
Look it up. It's in the works right now.

Notch himself has blogged about making this freaking nightmare.

And I can already tell you that I'm never playing outside peaceful, ever again <.<
*Sigh* *facepalm* ect. I KNOW. This video is a fake, nothing about it is anything like what Notch has blogged about. I'm not going to even re-explain why it's fake, I just did.

Tesral

Jul 19, 2011
From the Word of Notch:
So I made it passive until you looked straight at it. And that was scary. Suddenly you could walk up to these looking beasts (they're three meters tall) and watch them as they moved their blocks around, but as soon as you happened to look straight at them, they'd attack. And by "straight at them", I mean putting the reticle on top of them. You can keep them visible on screen and actually look straight at them in real life, but as soon as your in game character looks straight at them, boom.

According to Notch the Enderman only activates when you have your cursor over it.

When they attack, you know it's your fault. When you happen to look at one, you can keep looking at it to figure out how to deal with it, but you know it WILL reach you very fast once you stop looking at it.

This paragraph also suggests that once you stop looking at them, that's it, you're in for a fight, even if you look at them a second time. Think about it. If they always stood still whenever they are on your screen, then how would you disengage them? They would never leave you alone. The answer of course is to stab them, but if this video is to be believed then they wont even fight back. That's a pretty pathetic mob, considering you just have to look at it, walk up to it and stab it without it fighting back. It wouldn't be scary if you could take them out that easily.

(If this video turns out to be legit i'm going to look like a total fool, but these are my thoughts for now.)

Varitel

Jan 22, 2011
ankensam said:
they can kill u thats just unfair i am never playing off of peaceful mode again
From what I hear, they are supposed to be extremely rare, so I wouldn't worry too much.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Romidude said:
imnotparanoid said:
Romidude said:
imnotparanoid said:
Fugitive Panda said:
What makes it look fake?
Ah well even if it is fake, its basically how they will act ingame, so its pretty well done and makes an intresting watch :p
Actually they got the behaviour wrong, too. They're supposed to attack when they get close, they only attack when you look directly at them, they teleport infront of you. Ect
You are making me look like a fool!

Varitel

Jan 22, 2011
Tesral said:
if this video is to be believed then they wont even fight back. That's a pretty pathetic mob, considering you just have to look at it, walk up to it and stab it without it fighting back. It wouldn't be scary if you could take them out that easily.

(If this video turns out to be legit i'm going to look like a total fool, but these are my thoughts for now.)
Speculation:
I would assume that they have a fair amount of health and that when you hit them, they will become hostile. This would of course mean that you get one free hit, but if they do have a large amount of health, you would still be in for one hell of a fight.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
pbteyeofharmony said:
Jesus. Of all the horrifying memes, why Slenderman? Just...why?
WHat youd rather Notch added a new indestructible mob that stalks you.
Called Mick Sastley

Junkle

in the trunkle.
Oct 26, 2009
Notch has stated that they won't attack unless you put the cursor directly onto them. The teleportation thing is also incorrect. They teleport about once every second, and only to somewhere that you can see. Thus, this video is fake. More details are in Notch's tumblr, [link]http://notch.tumblr.com/post/8208212863/the-psychology-of-the-reticle-and-the-feeling-of[/link]. Read it and be educated.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
GOd imagine if one of them picked up a creeper, and then came for you 0_0

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
So when you look at it, it freezes and becomes hostile, I get that.

But if you look away and look back, it doesn't freeze anymore? It keeps teleporting after you until you're basically fucked?

I would like to see how they behave prior to attacking... like, do they actually come after your stuff? Do they just randomly move blocks to different places? Do they make any noises?

I'm greatly interested in this mob. Can't wait to see how it scares up my SMP server.